deleted pst files in error

After using disk analyser to try and clean up my pc, like a muppet i ticked a file called outlook.pst and have now lost all my emails going back years and years. The file is not in my recycle bin and it did warn me that deleteing the files would render them unrecoverable. is there any chance of getting them back?

i did do a backup of fles onto a separate disk a week or so ago but i cant find any with a pst xtension.

i have tried doing a ststem restore but that didnt work either.

any help would be appreciated, and yes i know I am an eejit :)

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Hi Member,

Kindly make use any of the freeware file recovery software like recuva, auslogics file recovery etc (you can search on google).

There are 50-50 chances for the file to be recovered after it has been shredded.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• What kind of a joke is this software? The options are ask or ignore or quarantine. yet your stupid software decided to delete files. This is not a bug. you are just jokers.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Like you, I am also a user of bitdefender and not related to bitdefender staff. So kindly know before what you speak. If you have issues related to product, either contact bitdefender support directly or create a new post for yourself rather than replying/ commenting on other users post.

Regards

Flex

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)