blocked system after starting BD Antivirus 8.3.08 on Catalina 10.15.7

1.) After have given admin rights to BD Daemon* I get a blocked system after starting BD Antivirus 8.3.08 on Catalina 10.15.7

I did posting to the BD service, but didn't got an answer for days.

2) Since this issue* my Mac takes 3-4 minutes to find the end of shut down the computer.

In further Versions of BD Antivirus I didn't had these issues.

Any one an idea?

Comments

• Have same problem

Computer freezes , when using Catalina 10.15.7

Very Annoying as when in Work and also Calls, and accidentally opening dashboard or clicking anything Bitdefender.

I have had this problem for about a month after buying a new license. :(

• Having similar issue with 10.15.7. Suddenly starting getting hangs and sometimes Kernel Panics. Using Bitdefender main window usually resulted in a hang. Was happening pretty much every day requiring a cold start. System is a 2018 Mac mini which would run continuously for months with no issues. Uninstalled BD (which took a really long time) then tried to do a fresh BD install. Hung on the install. Also seeing the same issues on 2018 MBP. Uninstalled again on the Mini and have been running continuously now for 9 days with zero issues.

Definitely something going on with BD and 10.15.7.

• Same for me. BD has always been a fairly unintrusive anti-virus solution but since the last update this is no longer the case. My Mac hangs on shut down and browsing sometimes becomes unresponsive.To be clear, the Mac eventually shuts down if you leave it, but I sometimes have the whole UI lock up before shut down completes, other times I get a spinning beach ball for 5 minutes before the machine finally shuts off. These issues stop when I disable BD. The latest security update from Apple itself improved the situation somewhat, and people I know running Big Sur no longer have the issue after this security update, but on 10.5.7 something is not quite right. My subscription renewal is due in a month, if these issues are not solved I will have to start looking for an alternative solution.