Parental Control works but doesn't... Screen time is not being totaled at all anymore?

Fastduke
Fastduke
edited January 2022 in Parental Control

This is a very recent install and at first, everything was fine other than the account to monitor does not work at all(kinda ridiculous in today's day and age). Now it will do everything including adding up the application time but shows nothing for screen time. I've completely deleted the app and all remnants and re-installed and nothing(Mac).

Also manually pausing the device is extremely delayed.

Any Ideas?

Answers

• Exactly the same problem here. The last registering of time spent on a device was Friday - after that it's blank. Blocked websites are accessible as well! (Windows 10)

• Yep, it stopped adding the time Friday. So it looks like it is both windows and Mac having the problem. 😪

• My Parental Control came back partway through Tuesday. Not sure if it was a glitch in the software or incompatibility issues with an update etc?

• Barton
    Barton
    edited March 2021

Fix screen time limits not working on Windows 10 and Xbox. update of Windows, you're able to set up one schedule that'll apply to all of your child's devices.

Facetime for PC

• Does anyone have a fix for this

•  I really appreciate your support in this post. keep it up and doing such types of great work continually.

• Bonjour, le temps sur w10 se décompte de façon aléatoire voir pas du tout, idem sur Android, avec une installation récente.

Avez-vous des solutions ?

• I have the same problem. It looks like that it just works once in a while.

There are days that it is not counting at all and my son stays hours connected without any time counting.

When I come and see, I open Bit Defender and it seems to resume the counting again. I have no clue if this would be the workaround.

So, please Bit Defender Support Team. Pronounce yourself?

• Hello @wilwizard,

The first troubleshooting step in this scenario would be to uninstall Parental Control, reinstall and recreate the child profile. If this doesn't help, I would recommend contacting the Technical Support Teams for a more detailed investigation.

You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and choose your desired contact channel.

I hope this information is helpful. Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I have the same problem… before going through the rather generic and cumbersome "uninstall, reinstall, recreate" can someone confirm that it indeed solved the issue for you?

Thanks Georg

• I had previously done this georgei, and got nowhere. the root issue was that the bitdefender app can't be protected. The only suggestion an engineer gave me was to put the apps in a secure folder, but they don't come on most tablets, including my daughter's 2 she has had so far.

The parental Control is broken, and not reporting on any devices.

• I have the same problem as others above with laptops all running Windows10. I would also like to know what the "real" fix is. I have just signed up to Bitdefender for 3 years and am wondering if I have done the right thing...........

• Have exactly the same problem. It simply doesn’t register time used on the the protected computer and no amount of tinkering with settings works. Just stopped working after we paid for a subscription. Asides from the temporary fix of uninstalling and reinstalling everything and setting it all up again (until it stops working again)… what is the permanent solution?

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Kindly contact the bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/ and scroll down to the bottom of the webpage where you can get in touch with support representative either by email, chat or over a call.

Alternatively, you can also share your query with bitdefender support team by dropping them an email at bitsy@bitdefender.com

The support team will reply back to your query within next 24-48 hours excluding weekends.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• I have the same issue with my kid, and it seems that its not that difficult to turn off the parental controls by closing bitdefender parental control related software through the task manager. This is disappointing.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Kindly contact the bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/ and scroll down to the bottom of the webpage where you can get in touch with support representative either by email, chat or over a call.

Alternatively, you can also share your query with bitdefender support team by dropping them an email at bitsy@bitdefender.com

The support team will reply back to your query within next 24-48 hours excluding weekends.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited July 2023

Hi @Jormakka,

You can enable UAC and use a windows password to prevent the app being closed without your consent.

Basically, you can create a guest profile for the child (non-admin) and set a password that only you should know and activate UAC. By doing this, it will ask for the password whenever the child wants to uninstall a program or when they access the task manager. Problem solved 🙂

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Anyone has had any luck here? @Fastduke since you posted the original question, were you able to get a resolution? I am facing the same problem. Screen time is not getting totaled. I am sure there should be a simple fix to this issue.