Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

VPN Feature

Is there a way to not install/uninstall the new vpn feature?  If not, there should be.  I do not like having unnecessary programs running on my device.

Comments

• Hello Aarkus,

The VPN is installed automatically with Bitdefender and the only option to remove the VPN is to uninstall Antivirus for Mac.

In case you do not want to use the VPN, you may choose not to connect to it.

For any additional information or issues, you may contact us at bitsy@bitdefender.com.

Thank you!

• Thank you for the reply.  Yes uninstallation is an option and is, in fact, what I have done.  There are two further reasons: (1) the inordinant amount of connections being made by BD as revealed by Little Snitch (have not seen anything comparable to the volume in any other similar software), and (2) the recent negative reviews in Macword and Macworld UK (each publication ran a separate test and came up with different results, though both were disappointing).

• Hello,

We already have a topic for each subject.

Regarding the connections revealed by Little Snitch, please check the topic below:

/index.php?/topic/77607-bitdefender-requesting-access-to-40-connections/&do=embed" style="overflow: hidden; height: 219px; max-width: 502px;">

Regarding the review from MacWorld, please check the topic below:

/index.php?/topic/78747-macworld-review-april-2018/&do=embed" style="overflow: hidden; height: 219px; max-width: 502px;">

Thank you! 

• I want to uninstall it too! So annoying.