Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Please explain: "We detected a change in your device's settings that allows users to modify security

Options

I keep getting this message, and it's making me nervous:

"We detected a change in your device's settings that allows users to modify security policies. Changing security zone policies may allow restricted pages to execute potentially malicious operations, thus, your device may be at risk."

The only option given is to click, "Fix It".

When I do that, it immediately pops up again. So, there is no "fix".

I've clicked "fix it" dozens of times, and it simply reappears.

Can BD officially speak into this, please!

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

Hi Member

Kindly drop an email to bitdefender support at bitsy@bitdefender.com regarding your query .They will reply back asap.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• DCarr999
    Options
    Was there any resolution to this, or do I also need to Email bitsy@bitdefender.com?

I have the same problem 5 months on, on a new Windows 10 system with hardly anything installed. In nearly all cases, clicking on "Fix Issue" seems to do nothing, and the warning notification is repeated straight way.

I have also had repeated warning notifications about media autorun being enabled and automatic signon after restart being enabled:-
    -----------------------------------------------
    Vulnerability

With autorun on for all drives, your device will automatically run all files from connected drives (media, memory, storage drives) without notifying you. If, by any chance, your USB device contains malicious code, its automatic execution may harm your device.

We recommend you enable No autorun for all drives as a first step to prevent the execution of unknown and potentially dangerous files.

-----------------------------------------------
    Vulnerability

With automatic sign on after restart, your device saves the Windows credentials of the user last logged in and keeps them automatically logged in after a device restart. This could pose a risk to your privacy, as your data and device could be exposed to prying eyes in certain circumstances.

We recommend you disable auto logins after the automatic restart to enhance your data's security and your privacy.
    ------------------------------------------------

A vulnerability Scan shows nothing. This is rather worrying all the same.

Dave