Please let us configure notifications

Bitdefender for Mac displays frequent "The update was installed successfully" notifications.

Please give us an option to suppress this one notification without turning off all notifications. Most other notifications would be for things we should respond to, but you're currently training us to ignore notifications from Bitdefender.

Screen Shot 2018-10-03 at 9.37.30 AM.png

Comments

• Hello,

You may turn off all Bitdefender notifications as it follows:

1. Open System Preferences from Dock or from the Apple Logo menu.

2. Go to Notifications.

3. Select Antivirus for Mac from the applications list in the left panel.

4. At Alert style choose None.

5. You can also disable Play sound for notifications or the other options.

• 3 hours ago, Roxana G said:

Hello,

You may turn off all Bitdefender notifications as it follows:

1. Open System Preferences from Dock or from the Apple Logo menu.

2. Go to Notifications.

3. Select Antivirus for Mac from the applications list in the left panel.

4. At Alert style choose None.

5. You can also disable Play sound for notifications or the other options.

I believe you replied in too much of a hurry. Please read the second sentence of my question: "Please give us an option to suppress this one notification without turning off all notifications."

• 20 hours ago, mcgroarty said:

I believe you replied in too much of a hurry. Please read the second sentence of my question: "Please give us an option to suppress this one notification without turning off all notifications."

Hello,

This is the only option to disable Bitdefender notifications. We have sent an request to our development team to consider implementing such an option.

• @"Roxana G"  Hello, I use Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac. I would also like to receive antivirus notifications without seeing notifications for updates. Seeing update notifications creates frequent distractions from my attention and work. Would the development team be willing to implement this option to turn off update notifications while leaving on other notifications? This is already a feature on the Windows application. Thank you for your consideration.