Can we PLEASE have a way to stop all those ANNOYING POPUPS?

I've honestly never had a free service with half the nagging of BitDefender. I love the product, but I'm likely to drop it in a year unless you provide a way to stop this harassment. It is obnoxious, intrusive, disrespectful, and arrogant.

Think of the "Me Too" movement. How many times do I need to answer "NO!!!!!" until No means NO????

I've read and implemented the steps provided to stop the VPN popups - but they continue in full force. And so do the password popups, "we're protecting you - aren't we great" popups and so so so so so so so much more.

BitDefender: Please show at least a morsel of respect for your customers in this regard. Such aggressive marketing us harder and relentlessly does not work with most of us. Stop treating us like ******!!!! Really. Really???? Really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Answer

• BP78
    Answer ✓

Thank you for the tips here, I have disabled all the relevant settings, hopefully it'll help.

For what it's worth, if anyone from the BD team is reading this...you need to stop. We're paying for your services, we bought it...you need to respect us more than you do and stop annoying the piss out of us every 5 seconds with recommendations, sales pitches, alerts, etc, etc. And you don't even offer a "hey, if you hate this, click here to disable". You make us dig through settings we don't understand to find checkboxes you auto-enabled hidden deep within sub-pages. Why? Because you want to squeeze more money out of us? It's embarrassing, especially coming from what's supposed to be the top of the line security suite. IT professionals world-wide recommend your product, and you still think you need to bother us with popup after popup. Do the job we "hired" you for, and leave us alone before we switch to the second-best service that respects us more.

Answers

• Yes in particular on Android Phones, the pop ups are annoying, I just left BD which I had used payed for many years and went to Kaspersky for that reason. KAV still has pop ups but not as many as BD. The interfaces are also becoming extremely complex which is not what BD use to be. KISS is simple, Malware Should be simply on and working or off, no need to have VPN and the hundreds of other trinkets for the Consumer Market. Most no tech people have no idea of what all the hundreds of settings do. Whoever comes out with a simple interface with a high malware efficacy will when the market.

• Alex_A
    Alex_A ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021

Paul_DL , Скажите , пожалуйста, какой продукт BitDefender вы используете?

• To be clear, I'm using BitDefender total Security - a paid account. Seems like I pay for popups - in both my Windows 10 computer and all my Android devices. I'd buy up just to stop the popups, but so so so so so many of them are just bragging about the product, that I know I'd just pay more and still get the constant nagging. It seems the marketing folks are a little too heavy on the caffeine!

• Alex_A
    Alex_A ✭✭✭

@ Paul_DL, I will suggest that you set the settings that I made on my BitDefender antivirus.

I was annoyed by all sorts of unnecessary notifications for me, rummaged in the settings and set them in this way. Nothing extra bothers you anymore.

If you use a public profile in the settings, uncheck or check the boxes you need in the settings.

Or turn off your public profile.

I use a different VPN service, so I disabled the autostart of BitDefender VPN.

• Thank You Alex_A,

I've made all the adjustments you recommend on my PC. Thank You!!!!! Plus I disabled notifications altogether for SafePay and VPN. I'm praying that this works. Will let you know.

Oh - and thanks for replying in English the second time. I'm not sure what the alphabet was the first time you responded, but I appreciate that you chose to help me both times despite language differences. And you are so thorough. Greatly appreciated.

• Alex_A
    Alex_A ✭✭✭

Hello @Paul_DL

Please pay attention, in my case, the settings, "automatic profile setting" and "work profile" are disabled. "Profile work" (a useful thing), I turn it on in manual mode, in this case all notifications that are displayed in the lower right corner of the monitor are turned off (so as not to distract the user). But then Internet access will be allowed to all running applications that are interested in the Internet. I advise you to customize the work profile at your discretion (my settings are as follows).

Keep your job safe.

• Thanks again Alex_A

You've helped me shut most of it off. Unfortunately, the VPN "Unsafe WIFI network" notification continues whenever I log on to my own WIFI. I can only assume that BitDefender is hell bent on scaring me into their unlimited VPN service - for which I absolutely don't want. It's a shame that they do this to a paying customer.

For this reason, I plan to leave BitDefender once my subscription expires. Maybe they'll fix it by then, but given the higher level of notification harassment on my Android devices, it's clear that BitDefender has chosen to harass their paying customers as their best business model. And those notifications cover my apps and only go away with a timeout. Obnoxious as hell. It's a shame.

Paul

• Alex_A
    Alex_A ✭✭✭

Hi, @Paul_DL

Look at these settings, turn off the ones you don't need.

Have a good mood.