Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can someone help please? Adware.AdWrapper.D - keeps coming back repeatedly

Options

This is the message that appears in Bitdefender

The file C:\Dropbox (Personal)\.dropbox.cache\new_files\18ce42da3f5e1cb63360e79491c230ea is infected with Adware.AdWrapper.D and was moved to quarantine. It is recommended that you run a System Scan to make sure your system is clean.

I've have run many system scans - repeatedly deleted the file and yet it keeps coming back - about once every 20 minutes -

Does anyone know WHERE it originates and how to permanently get rid of it?

DRIVING ME SPARE

thanks!

Answers

• Phoebius
    Phoebius
    edited January 2022
    Options

Since you are using a cloud service to sync/backup your files, you will need to go to the site for Dropbox and find the infected file. But for your system to not repopulate the file to sync again. I recommend stopping cloud sync on the computer first, then remove Dropbox completely(I am assuming all files you want are still in the cloud.) Once you have removed Dropbox, sign into your web portal for Dropbox and find the file that Bitdefender keeps capturing and delete the file. Once that is done re-install Dropbox and sync your files again.

If you are worried about your files locally on your computer that are in your dropbox folder, get an external drive and back up just that folder. Then move to delete the whole thing. Once the files are backed up you can also re-scan those files to make sure they are not infected with the virus/malware then you can put it back once you get that clean bill of health. Hope this helps.

Ultimately if you still are having issues you can contact Bitdefender support and they can assist with the remediation.