Digital Identity Protection

Does Digital Identity Protection simply report potential problems and you have to take action?
Are there any tools included to fix problems found?

Comments

• Seems to just report, does not fix things for you.

• Hello,

With Bitdefender Digital Identity Protection, you can: see exactly how much of your personal info has been exposed, receive instant alerts about any new breaches, and discover whether your digital footprint leaves your reputation at risk. It protects your reputation both professionally and personally by analyzing over 100 categories of data linked to your identity, such as e-mail, passwords, SSN, credit cards, travel documents, and phone numbers.

However, it requires the user to take action when breaches or possible impersonation attempts are found.

You can check the article below for more information and FAQs:

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Is Digital Identity Protection included in Bitdefender Total Security software? Thanks!

• Hello @Chak and welcome to the Community!

Bitdefender Digital Identity Protection is an additional security layer that monitors and helps you protect your personal data. This service can be purchased separately, as it is not included in the antivirus software.

Best regards.

• So I recently (yesterday) subscribed to Bit Defender Digital Identity Protection (we already love and use Bit Defender Total Security. I subscribed to Digital Identity Protection because we have a family member who steals our identity and creates fake accounts on the Internet. I want a service that will show me whenever there is a new account created on a website with my name, e-mail addresses, or phone numbers provided.

I was immediately impressed by Bit Defender Digital Identity Protection. It let me submit all of my multiple e-mail addresses and verify them quickly and the same for phone numbers. I was able to take care of data breaches quickly and easily on websites that I am registered with. I was also able to start using two step authentication on websites I've never used it for in the past.

However I am really confused. It says that it found my information on 230 websites on my dashboard. However when I click on Digital Identity, it does not list the websites where my information was found. Instead it lists Email owners USA, USA Consumers, and USA Gen Y Contacts over and over again instead of websites. There is no way to take action on these or to know what websites they are linked to. So does Digital Identity Protection give you a list of those 230 websites it found or not? If it does, how can I access that list?

Thanks in advance for any answers!!

• Hello @MovieLuvr4Life and welcome to the Community!

Digital Identity Protection scans resources that are publicly available offline and online to obtain this information. The source is listed next to every piece of information, so you can tell where it came from and also act to remove it, if this option is available.

The Digital Footprint tab located in the dashboard takes you to a large list with the type of data associated with your email and the location/website where they are found. You can find out where that data is by checking the found on column:

Data breaches, possible impersonation attempts, and new personally identifiable information appear in the Threats section. To stay safe, follow the remediation steps: tap each link and perform the suggested action, then mark the step as done.

Regards

• I looked in the found column, all of mine show the same exact thing all the way down. Here is a screenshot of what I see with my personal information removed. What good does this do me if I do not know the websites that the information was found on? This is what I see going all the way down the page. It seems like I can't get the names of the websites.

• Digital Identity Protection aggregates several data sources from the Surface Web. Some of our data sources are websites and some are licensed (e.g. phonebooks) and for business/contractual reasons, we do not provide source information for non-website sources.

If you'd like to separate between web and non-web sources, you can see if the source includes a URL.

Regards