windows usbmass storage driver error

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still in memory. (Code 38)

The driver could not be loaded because a previous version of the driver is still in memory. "

This doesn't happen the first time I connect the devices after a startup, but once I disconnect them and connect them back, I can't see them and get this error. I've looked all around, and tried several things, but nothing fixes the issue. I've tried updating the drivers, uninstalling the device (Storage controllers and Universal Serial Bus controllers) and rebooting, shutting down while holding Shift, updated the BIOS, found available Windows updates and installed them, used USB Oblivion to do a cleanup, and cleaned the registry with CCleaner, but nothing works. If I want a USB device to work, I have to restart the computer.

so i searched in google and i found that its because of Bitdefender, after uninstalling it usb probles has been solved, is there any possiblity to resolve the problem with bitdefender... This is happening for me for last few days.

please look into this https://superuser.com/questions/1702570/code-38-usb-devices-working-only-once-after-every-startup-windows-10

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Thanks for the reply sir.. i hope they resolve the problem soon,

• I have the same problem since today 04.03.2022
    I use Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 26.0.12.52
    Engine Version 7.9.1319
    I didn't have the problem in the past week, it's something recent.
  • I had this issue as well, but within last half hour an auto update asked me to restart computer and it now works as it should (remove USB device, insert device again and it is now working). Version of Bitdefender Total Security is now 26.0.12.56.
  • Thanks Team problem has been resolved with the new update... :-)

• Hello,

Yes that is correct, the developers moved in quickly and managed to deploy the update containing the fix on Friday evening. It took some time for the update to reach all machines, but we have received confirmation that by Saturday morning, the fix was available for the entire userbase.

Your input is highly appreciated and I would like to thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best wishes.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user