Continuous "Suspicious Connection Blocked" Pop-Up Notification. How To Solve This Problem?

I am getting continuous pop-up. I don't want to add this site to exception, I just want to remove that website's tracker, cookies anything that is making this pop-up appear again and again when my chrome or firefox is open.

"Suspicious Connection Blocked

Feature:

Online Threat Prevention

chrome.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an expired certificate to ***. We blocked the connection to keep your data safe since websites must renew their certificates with a certification authority to stay current, and outdated security certificates represent a risk."

Please if anyone knows any fix, help me. Thank you in advance.

EDITED: File(s) and/or URL(s) removed by @Gjoksi

"Posting malware samples and /or URLs is not allowed in the community! Do not post direct links to any executable files, malicious/suspicious software or websites in threads, comments or private messages, even if you think the software or site is clean and incorrectly detected by Bitdefender."

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Vedant
    edited December 2022

Tried eveything from uninstalling browser, logging from different account, clearing temp files and cache, removing extensions, and so many other things, nothing is working except 1 thing and that is to disable notification of bitdefender from Utilities and unchecking all ticks from work or movie profile, BUT STILL IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO REMOVE THAT WEBSITES ANYTHING THAT IS CAUSING THIS POPUP PLEASE GIVE ME SOLUTION.

• Hello @Vedant,

Based on your description of the situation encountered, I would recommend contacting the Technical Support Teams, as more information might be required to troubleshoot this. You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

The engineers may require logs from the device and even a remote session, to find the trigger of this notification.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• One of the computers in our house is getting the similar message:

"chrome.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an expired certificate to wpad"

What does this mean? Is it malware or something else to worry about? How do we get rid of it?

• Hello @KinNC,

This situation is caused by the fact that the website in the notification has an expired certificate. This doesn't necessary involve malware. The “Suspicious connection blocked” notification is triggered by Bitdefender’s Online Threat Prevention module whenever there is an attempt to access an HTTPS domain that has security certificate issues. Unlike HTTP (Hypertext Transfer Protocol), HTTPS (safer HTTP Secure standard, HTTPS) is encrypted using Transport Layer Security (TLS), securing communications between your computer and the websites you visit.

You can find more information at the link below:

If you do not visit the website and you still receive these notifications, then your browser connects to it either through allowed notifications or toolbars/extensions. I suggest that you clear the cache & cookies, remove any unused/unknown extensions and if the issues persist, reset your browser. You can find these steps here:

Alternatively, you can add an exception for the website in Bitdefender - Protection - Online Threat Prevention - Manage Exceptions, or, from the same area (Online Threat Prevention) - disable the Encrypted Web Scan feature which scans for the certificates of websites (not a recommended action).

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

• Otter2020
    Otter2020 ✭✭
    edited December 2022

I am having the same problem mentioning wpad repeatedly starting this morning. I hadn't clicked on any pages yet but only opened my chrome browser which has two automatic tabs showing. One is bbc.com and the other is outlook.live.com.

• Hello @Otter2020,

Kindly follow the steps I have described above and in the event the pop-up notification cannot be supressed this way, please get in touch with the Support engineers for a more in-depth investigation.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

• Otter2020
    Otter2020 ✭✭
    edited January 2023

I am pretty sure I finally solved the problem by turning off "Automatically detect settings" under "Automatic Proxy Setup". I read about it on How To Geek under "How to disable wpad in windows." Here is the link:

https://www.howtogeek.com/298460/disable-wpad-in-windows-to-stay-safe-on-public-wi-fi-networks/

• Gjoksi
    edited January 2023

@Otter2020

You can post external link(s).

"Posting malware samples and /or URLs is not allowed in the community! Do not post direct links to any executable files, malicious/suspicious software or websites in threads, comments or private messages, even if you think the software or site is clean and incorrectly detected by Bitdefender."

Also, you have my permission to post them.

Cheers.

• So...I can post the link?

• Gjoksi

@Otter2020

Hello again.

I promoted you to Level 2.

You can now post screenshot(s) and/or link(s).

Regards.