Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Update Within The Last 24 Hours: Unable To Play Any Games. Any Help?

I can't launch any of the games I normally play (eg. Starcraft 2 unable to load from battle.net launcher; League of Legends game unable to launch after champion select in lobby, etc.). After disabling BD advanced threat detection, the games work just fine. Adding the game folders and the game .exe's to the exceptions list does nothing. Can you please investigate?

Best Answers

Answers

• Hello @hoopsgators,

What Bitdefender version do you have right now?

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I have the same problem when I launched league of legends today it's fine till the champ select when the match begins it doesn't launch the league of legends.exe but shows in task manager with only 48 mb memory usage. But it works fine when I disable Advanced Threat Defence.

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod

Hi @Abdul Moiz

Try adding the league of ledgends .exe into the Advanced Threat Defensed exceptions, and see if that helps.

Regards,

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Abdul Moiz
    edited March 2023

@Scott I already tried it but it's still not launching. It only works when I disable Advance Threat Defense completely. Btw I'm using Bitdefender Free Version Build 26.0.34.145.

• I am also having the same issue. Battle.net launcher with Heroes of the Storm. Creating exceptions does not work. I made excptions for all components of BitDefender for both the entire directory and all specific executables for both battle.net launcher and heores of the storm. Game hangs HARD on spash screen. Cannot Alt-F4, cannot End Task. Only thing that works is disabling advanded threat protection completly in BitDefender.

• After champ select ends my pc just does not want to open any new programs even new chrome tabs, but anything already open works perfectly fine, usually after 3min the league client opens and after that everything else that i tried to open in that time. i also added every single .exe that i found in the league folder but nothing seems to work.Disabling exploit detection fixes the problem

• I'm also having trouble running League of Legends. It takes about 2 minutes for the main game to start even after adding the executable to the exclusions list. The launcher works fine, however. I'm running the latest build 26.0.34.145

• I also had this very same exact issue, from what I've found out as a good fix that helps run and launch the game as they normally should is to disable bit defender's Exploit Detection setting under protection > Advanced Threat > Defense > Settings. This fix worked for me, might work for others.

• Hi @Bilbert,

Thank you for sharing your findings with the community, it is much appreciated!

• Had this exact same issue and was able to fix with Bilbert's solution (disabled Exploit Detection). Thank you!!

• Any update on this? I really do not enjoy having to disable protection every time I want to play a video game?

• Same problem for me, putting 4 game .exe files in exceptions list doesnt help (even after restart). Problem occurs with League of Legends, didnt test too many other games.

Any Updates here?

• Hi @dexll, @bozzy

Kindly check my comment above. It will be necessary to get in touch with the Support teams for further troubleshooting, as the developers are gathering more information on this behavior. We don't have any updates yet, but they will get to the bottom of this soon. In the meantime, you may try the workaround proposed and tested by some of our members and disable Exploit Detection to run the game.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited April 2023

Hello everyone,

A quick update on this topic: our developers have recently deployed a fix and the internal tests confirmed the compatibility issues are gone now. Kindly update Bitdefender by right clicking on the system tray icon, as a signature update will repair the unwanted behavior.

Let us know your feedback in the comments.

Thank you!

Regards

• Thank you! Issue is resolved after installing new update.