What would you change on Bitdefender.com?

Incognito BD Marketer
edited November 2023 in General Topics

I am one of the (many) marketers responsible for what and how we showcase our solutions on our website - mainly bitdefender.com.

We need your help to grasp how we can better serve you( people who install and use our security solutions) in terms of clarity, consistency, and ease of use for our website.                                          

I am here to learn what you feel is unclear, incomplete, or improvable.

Nothing is off the table; tell me everything you think we need to do better.

PS. If you don't know where to start, what's the first thing you'd improve (and where) if you had a magic wand?

Thank you,

Curious Marketer

Comments

• Quick Feedback:

1. Displayed as ‘undefined’ under the blog post. Attaching screenshot.
    2. Each tile under the insight section should be of same size. Marked in red color in screenshot. It looks little odd.
    3. 'Read mode' button touches the right side of the section. Attaching screenshot.

Suggestion:

1. Better to show customer reviews at the bottom of the page
    2. Any kind of small animations will be good
    3. A section on 'Why choose Bitdefender' will also be good.

Regards,

Jay

• Gauthey
    Gauthey ✭✭✭

Just like the antivirus it would be nice if the site could offer a dark mode like the antivirus version does.

The footer and when it is too big it should be shortened, the part with the different countries why not put the logos of the countries that would make the Footer smaller.

Have the possibility of being able to extend your license to more computers with an option.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

@Gauthey We will have to fight a long battle to introduce dark mode on the bitdefender websites as we did it for the widget way back 😂

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Racer_X
    Racer_X ✭✭✭

Hi :)

First, is it possible to put "My account" instead of "Login" at the top of the site?

Then, is it possible to have more colored and less dark pages, especially in the banners?

Moreover, the organization of the pages of the site could be simpler and much more accessible by tightening the blocks of information.

Finally, the layout and the structure of the site is already very good, but it would be nice if it was more family oriented and less technical...

Regards,

Racer_X

• Thank you for the feedback!

Can you elaborate a little bit on "Moreover, the organization of the pages of the site could be simpler"? I want to understand you suggestion better.

• Guilhermesene
    Guilhermesene Defender of the month ✭✭✭

Well, answering the topic directly and succinctly:

1 - I miss the previous site compared to what it is at the moment

2 - I would reduce the size of the footer

3 - I would change the images of "happy people looking at the device" because in real life nobody looks like that and put in place images that are more related to the product and the company

4 - At this point, it would be important to keep the issue of Bitdefender's support and help regarding Ukraine on the site

5 - I would also emphasize Bitdefender's partnerships with big brands like Ferrari and others for example

These are some considerations that I thought at this moment, but for sure there are more things that can be adjusted, however, at this moment I cannot think and emphasize everything 😅

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

So far, it looks good to me, nothing to suggest.

Regards.

• Racer_X
    Racer_X ✭✭✭

Hi @Incognito BD Marketer

That is to say, it would be nice if it were better arranged, even more orderly.

Thank you.

Regards,

Racer_X

• The app needs to stop pushing advertising for the company's other products at me.

Popups on my desktop telling me to try another product? Seriously, I am going to cancel my subscription and use a different product if I get one more of these unwanted prompts.

I know the other products exist. Your apps have told be about them hundreds of times. This is total overkill.

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod

They can be quieted from here. Please confirm that you have these turned off. Otherwise, if you have more questions regarding this, you should start a new thread to help keep this one about the website, on point.

Thank you,

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• I'd change a lot first off is how when on your bitdefender central page there is what appears to me as false advertising or fake security breach saying email address has come up in a security breach which is bs because when you run a check on said email address with your paid subscription it will say nothing has come up which is really concerning and makes me instantly feel like I should take me business elsewhere but also that anytime you change a page it has a massive pop-up for cookie management accept these cookies or reject them which is my own fault I guess since I don't just allow them all I guess idk but even if I do on the previous page like when you log into central is asks for username on one page and password or authenticator on the next it pops up everytime...

• Personally I couldn't care less about Bitdefender rearranging anything, I use it because I have to, I buy it because I need security.

They can change the product around, support whoever they wish in this sometimes violent world we live in, partner whoever their Hearts desire craves, as long as it keeps me safe I'll buy the product.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Kindly contact the bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/ and scroll down to the bottom of the webpage where you can get in touch with support representative either by email, chat or over a call.

Alternatively, you can also share your query with bitdefender support team by dropping them an email at bitsy@bitdefender.com

The support team will reply back to your query within next 24-48 hours excluding weekends.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Clapton
    Clapton ✭✭✭

Quoting Scott .... " if you have more questions regarding this, you should start a new thread to help keep this one about the website, on point"

Ok so which way to the Pinned Topic thread called ... What You Would Change About BitDefender

the keyword being "PINNED TOPIC" ... which Segways to my suggestion to this "What You Would Change About BitDefender .COM" topic .....

there should be a PINNED topic for making suggestions for improvements to the software, website, and the company .... in all a total of 3 pinned topics for suggestions,,, or at least two, the company topic could be combined perhaps with either of the other two topics i suppose.

an example suggestion to Company could be something like - stop the way you do auto withdrawal before you loose all your costomers who really do like your software but hate the way you impliment auto withdrawal...... its a shame to see such a potentially good product shoot them self in the foot because of the way they do this business practice...

eyes rolling, sad faced, disappointed little emoticon :( ... so this is not the wonderful land of Oz after all ...

• Hi @Clapton,

In regard to automatic renewal, I have replied to you in the thread below:

https://community.bitdefender.com/en/discussion/90406/how-do-i-stop-bitdefender-auto-renewal#latest

Let's keep this discussion on topic, please.

We do not have separate categories for suggestions, because ideally we would like to keep all of them in one place and disseminate the information with the relevant teams, once the member's feedback is collected on a regular basis. They don't have multiple suggestion boxes at the store, do they? 🙂

We created a special category that serves this purpose and have also shared some helpful guidelines to get members started with this concept:

Once you know the posting rules and recommendations for this category (which will help create relevant and valuable content with increased chances of being considered), you can post your suggestions and recommendations by opening a new discussion here:

This is the designated section created on the forum specifically for ideation. It provides a dedicated space for members to freely express their thoughts, suggestions, and ideas related to potential products, improvements or general recommendations. So, it's not a pinned topic, like this one. This thread was created by one of our marketeers to collect feedback for the Bitdefender website.

Ideation does not resume to the product only, it is a collaborative process where members of the community come together to generate and share ideas for new products or improvements to existing ones, but may also bring our platforms into discussion (Central, website, etc). This method harnesses the collective intelligence, creativity, and diverse perspectives of the forum members to generate a wide range of innovative concepts.

Kindly be advised that, this is not the spot to report functionality issues with your Bitdefender product or subscription. You can reach out to our community by posting a thread in the relevant category, or contact the Support Teams for remote assistance, if necessary. Any posts submitted that are not product ideas could be removed.

So, @Clapton, what would you change on the Bitdefender website? 🙂

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Guilhermesene
    Guilhermesene Defender of the month ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023

Well, in a very direct way, I would say that I miss the days when the site was the "dragon" of Bitdefender (nostalgia hitting hard here).

I don't know why, I can't seem to like this new design 😣

• The VPN works flawlessly. I love it

• One thing I would change, is fix the parental controls of Central to allow Chrome to be used. On our kids Pixel phones, Bitdefender blocks the chrome app or even webpage from being used. Doesn't matter that it's set to allowed. Even tried adding chrome.exe to the exceptions, uninstall/reinstall... all to no avail. Very frustrating.

• I don't like it when it often asks me to restart the computer

• I would fix Bitdefender so that it would run on Android phones and tablets without constantly turning of Web Protection and leaving them unprotected. I would even settle for fixes or workarounds that actually work. Yes, I want Bitdefender to work in the same superior manner on my Android network as it does on my Windows network.

• Hello @Alaska Wolf,

Bitdefender's Web protection turning off on Android devices has sparked a hotbed of debate in our Community lately, and before I dive deeper into the specifics, kindly be advised that this thread refers to the Bitdefender website and not the product itself.

The Web Protection feature in Bitdefender Mobile Security for Android keeps turning off because the device is using Power Saving mode to save battery, which stops the running apps.

A large part of the bonus features of smartphones revolves around battery life and performance optimization. It is for this reason that vendors are packing battery-saving features with each Android release. But some optimization mechanisms are so aggressive that they kill useful background apps when the screen turns off to maximize your smartphone’s battery life.

This impacts most of the apps that run in the background. Most affected are 3rd party alarm clocks, automation apps, and especially apps that need to work even when you are not actively using your smartphone. The latter category also includes Bitdefender’s Web Protection. Web Protection loses the Accessibility permission required to function when the Android system force stops background applications.

Since this behavior has been noticed for other apps as well, this is not exactly an issue caused by the Bitdefender app. As it can be noticed here, Android users have expressed their feedback and provided recommendations concerning this behavior:

The following guide may help as well:

Regards,

Alex

• Cristian Dumitru
    Cristian Dumitru Defender of the month ✭✭✭

Prices !

You should use more discounts !

• Since the last update of Bitdefender total (in Greece), banking pages do not open in safe mode and Central does not update on mobiles.

I hope for a short new update so that it works more correctly.

Thank you!

• Hello @DimitrisG,

An update was released yesterday containing a fix for the most recent Safepay issues reported by our customers:

https://community.bitdefender.com/en/discussion/91738/product-updates-and-release-notes#latest

If your Bitdefender has a different build number, please note that product updates are being released gradually. Once the staged rollout update reaches 100%, Bitdefender will recommend restarting Windows to enjoy the new version’s added benefits and fixes.

Kindly be advised that this thread refers to the Bitdefender's website www.bitdefender.com and its localizations and is not related to the actual Bitdefender product / UI / features and specifications.

Thank you and best regards,

Alex