App lock not working

This is a joke my app lock is not working again. I restart my phone and it works for 5 minutes or less. So much for secue security feeling

Comments

• I'm having the same problem all of a sudden that apparently started over the weekend.

• Hello,

We have seen a few isolated reports, especially on Xiaomi. AppLock may not work on these devices. Reinstalling the app has no effect, but the feature seems to work if fingerprint is disabled. An investigation was recently opened by the development teams.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• i've tthe same problem, I've contact support and now i'll wait an answer, it's strange, because not working only on my Galaxy A53, whereas on Galaxy J6, that perfectly works

• I have the same issue with galaxy s23 ultra. Is there a fix?

• Same issue here on S23. Any updates?

• Same issue S21 Ultra, apps 'ticked' can be opened without biometric. Anyone heard a solution?

• Hi,

I have observed that sometimes if "use biometrics" is disabled from the BMS settings, App Lock becomes operational again. This behavior is known and currently under investigation.

Another thing to consider, there's an easy method to stop being asked by the App Lock feature to enter the PIN code or fingerprint/biometrics confirmation for the protected apps each time you access them. Try to activate Smart Unlock and check how the app behaves afterwards.

With Smart Unlock you can set as trusted the Wi-Fi networks you usually connect to, and when connected to them, the App Lock blocking settings will be disabled for the protected apps.

To configure the Smart Unlock feature, follow these steps:

1. Tap 'More' on the bottom navigation bar.
    2. Tap 'App Lock'.
    3. Tap the switch next to Smart Unlock, if the feature is not yet enabled. Validate using your fingerprint or your PIN. The first time you'll activate the feature, you will need to enable the location permission. Tap the ALLOW button, then tap ALLOW again.
    4. Tap ADD to set the Wi-Fi connection you're currently using as trusted.

Whenever you change your mind, disable the feature and the Wi-Fi networks you have set as trusted will be treated as untrusted.

Regards,

Alex

• I ended up having to disable smartlock even though there were no wifi connections that were "trusted". That seemed to help.

Hope it helps someone else.

Best

Philip

• I'm also having this problem with the App Lock feature not working on my Andriod S22. I've followed every piece of advice on this thread and nothing is working for more than 2 - 5 minutes. I don't know what to do at this point; I'm thinking to uninstall this app and request a refund since I'm a newer subscriber. Before I do, I'd really like to troubleshot and resolve the issue, using a different solution than what's been provided in this blog/thread of same/similar concerns. Please, can someone help?! 🙏

• When will the App Lock feature within BD be fixed so it works all the time, and not just some of the time? It has been almost six months with people in this forum complaining about this issue. Why is BD not making this a priority as this is a security feature of this software? BD is supposed to be a security app, right (said sarcastically)?

• It would be nice for BD to comment on progress. Perhaps it may help focus if I explain why I chose to use AppLock. My son recently had his phone snatched whilst unlocked. The thieves were able to open apps and reset passwords and drain his bank accounts of £12k, plus max out his credit card and open 2 new credit cards. I am trying to use AppLock to prevent this happening to me. If the AppLock did not work as designed in the theft scenario, would BD then pay back the losses??

• Hello @Barnesy.

I've just posted an update on another thread regarding this:

I regret to hear of this unfortunate event.. how did it happen? Was he typing on the phone and someone snatched it and ran away?

I am trying to use AppLock to prevent this happening to me - Well, you know what they say, lightning never strikes in the same place twice, although that can happen..

If the AppLock did not work as designed in the theft scenario, would BD then pay back the losses?? - Obviously not.

• It was as you say snatched whilst typing (using Maps to help a supposed lost tourist). It's not huge comfort to know that AppLock may or may not work in the same scenario. Security on some online banking apps is nowhere near as good as should be, needing simply the user ID to get a reset link sent back to the phone you have just stolen! I'm pretty sure this lightning will strike again.

• I understand. That's terrible, really. To be honest, I never thought that snatching phones like that is still a thing. But come to think of it, if they can snatch it before it locks, then there you have it, they can access the apps inside.
    The way these thiefs usually operate is to pass it along to other accomplices who get lost in the crowd..
    Anyway, again I'm sorry to hear this and I think there's a lesson to be learned here, the hard way, unfortunately.
    If a stranger asks for directions and insists you check your phone, simply tell them you ran out of battery and walk away..

Another preventive measure to take against phone-snatching is to use an anti-theft phone strap, or a heavy duty retractable keychain with magnetic closure and carabiner. Look them up on Amazon, there's plenty to choose from. I think this would be a good security measure to make sure your phone doesn't get stolen in the first place.

Going forward, for everyone affected, the App Lock feature will resume its expected functionality soon.