Turn off incessant pop-ups

This warning only ever happens on mobile - it's a pop-up alerting me to a spam link founfld in email (Gmail account).

Interestingly tho, it only pops up when I'm in my Hotmail account and is constant - 20 times in a couple of mins.

I cant find this e-mail anywhere to block it, and I dont even know if I'm getting an email/s 20 times in a couple of mins or it's the same warning.

Option to dismiss doesn't cancel the alert, view details is also not useful.

Today, the pop-up starting popping up randomly and no particular trigger - altho still never when I'm actually in Gmail.

Very annoying, and unhelpful notification.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Tagged:

Answers

• agozob
    agozob Team Lead, Cyber Threat Intelligence Lab BD Staff
    edited July 26

Hi there,

Just so you know, we acknowledged your issue and we're on it. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. 👍️

I feel the need to mention that alerts for e-mail apps originate from notifications. We cannot read your actual mails as they are encrypted and stored in private directories. We also do not read your screen while using mail apps (unlike we do with social apps in Chat Protection). This means that the link you get alerted about was seen in notifications shown by the GMail app.

Did you check your spam/trash folders? There is a chance that you receive emails containing that specific URL, which then get filtered and the notification is removed. That would explain the alert "popping up randomly and no particular trigger".