Feature Request: Device heartbeat on Bitdefender Central from installed clients

Good Day Everyone,

I would like to share my idea regarding the feature request where if it is possible to add a way to track if the Bitdefender Client is still installed on the client or if it has been uninstalled. Currently on the Bitdefender Central website, we are able to see the device Vendor, Mac address and know if its protected or not if a service on the bitdefender security product is not running normally.

The idea is similar to the Bitdefender Gravityzone software to see the last heartbeat on the device but for the home products, maybe we can get a last seen heartbeat or a notification after 24 hours if Bitdefender Central detects that the device have been offline for a day giving users to check their device or family members in my case to know that if there is something wrong with the device or if they have uninstalled the app by accident. At the same time while doing that, users are also given an option to select on the Bitdefender Central about the device so that they don't get another notification after acknowledging the issue etc, where as if for users who have not acknowledged it, they get another notification on Bitdefender Central after 24 hours regarding the heartbeat not reachable issue.

The idea of this is so that the users know if the device is still in use or not so that we can use the license that we have to protect another device instead of it having it linked or run on a device which is no longer in use or malfuncitoned and in a way help users to be aware on the situation as well.

Thank You and I look forward to your warm reply😄

Best Regards,

Flanksy✌️

The guardians of the digital realm

Bitdefender Premium Security, Digital Identity Protection user

Bitdefender Gravityzone user

2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• TaxiMagicien42
    TaxiMagicien42 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello @Flanksy

I find your suggestion interesting. It could indeed serve as a guide especially for "novice" users.

Regards,

Windows 11 Famille 23H2

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.70 GHz

Bitdefender Premium Security Plus

• Flanksy
    Flanksy ✭✭✭

Hiya @TaxiMagicien42,

Thank You and yes, its mostly as per you said benefitting novice and also expert users 😊

Best Regards,

Flanksy✌️

The guardians of the digital realm

Bitdefender Premium Security, Digital Identity Protection user

Bitdefender Gravityzone user