Scan Failed To Execute

Hi, I purchased BitDefender Antivirus 2009 a while back, and initially, it worked fine. But now I've noticed I can't run a scan at all. No deep scans, no quick scans, nothing. I've restarted my computer and tried again, but it still won't scan. Everything else works fine (as far as I can tell, at least). Not really giving me any problems otherwise. Any suggestions?

Comments

• We have a patch that I would like you to try - I have sent it to you by e-mail a couple of minutes ago. Please try to use it and see if you are able to scan after running it.

• We have a patch that I would like you to try - I have sent it to you by e-mail a couple of minutes ago. Please try to use it and see if you are able to scan after running it.

Hi Diana - I have the same problem.

I am unable to initiate a scan from the security center. (I can start a manual scan from the start menu). This is a recent change -- the program used to work perfectly. I have tried re installing BD as well as net-framework 3.5 SP1. It still will not scan.

Can you PLEASE send me the Patch to try?

Thank you.

• Hi Diana - I have the same problem.

I am unable to initiate a scan from the security center. (I can start a manual scan from the start menu). This is a recent change -- the program used to work perfectly. I have tried re installing BD as well as net-framework 3.5 SP1. It still will not scan.

Can you PLEASE send me the Patch to try?

Thank you.

Also....I am using Vista Ultimate - 32 bit - FYI

• @happydog

I have sent you an e-mail with the patch - please reply to it with the results whenever you have the time. :)

• I have the same problem. Downloaded a patch that fixed the update problem but can't scan still :(

OS-WinXP SP3

• @happydog

I have sent you an e-mail with the patch - please reply to it with the results whenever you have the time. :)

Diana - I have not received your email nor the patch. Could you please check it's status and/or send it again.

Thank You

• Diana - I have not received your email nor the patch. Could you please check it's status and/or send it again.

Thank You

I received your PM. Please see my message response......can you change the suffix of the file to something besides ".exe"? I think it will get by gmail's filters if you do.

Thanks

• I too seem to have this problem on my VISTA home premium 32-bit. Could you send me the link as well

• @berreke

Please tell me if you are able to run a scan using these steps: go to Start - Programs - BitDefender 2009 - BitDefender Manual Scan. I will need to know if the scan launches like this. Also, please tell me if this is a recent issue or did you have it immediately after installing the product.

• Hi, I purchased BitDefender Antivirus 2009 a while back, and initially, it worked fine. But now I've noticed I can't run a scan at all. No deep scans, no quick scans, nothing. I've restarted my computer and tried again, but it still won't scan. Everything else works fine (as far as I can tell, at least). Not really giving me any problems otherwise. Any suggestions?

I had the same problem and was able to resolve it by running following command int the program directory uiscan.exe /regserver.

Hope this will help you as well

• steve.lichtenauer
    edited March 2009
    I received your PM. Please see my message response......can you change the suffix of the file to something besides ".exe"? I think it will get by gmail's filters if you do.

Thanks

I was able to open And install the file you sent. Unfortunately it did not solve the problem.

I cannot scan from the security center, and when I select "fix" or "fix this issue" nothing happens. The indicated problem is that I have not scanned for malware in 45 days.

I can scan from the start menu....but it does not reflect back to the security center.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you

Steve

• Diana

I am having the same problem as Berreke, but when I got to Start>Programs>BitDefender>Manual Antivirus Scan it works. But it doesn't when I open BitDefender up. And I am also having a few other issues woth BitDefender Total Security 2009, such as turning on my firewall and tune-ups.

I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Kyle

Hi Diana,

I also have that problem on one of my vista pc's - its has been installed for over a month working fine and has just recently stopped scanning - it has lost the scanning tasks in the system task section.

Would like to have a copy of the patch if it re-instates these tasks

Thanks

Richard

I followed the instructions, extracted and ran the file in Safe Mode, restarted, and it's still doing the same thing. Also, wasn't sure if you needed to know, but I'm using Windows XP SP3.

• Chilibob
    edited March 2009
    I had the same problem and was able to resolve it by running following command int the program directory uiscan.exe /regserver.

Hope this will help you as well

Thanks for the advice, I'll have to give this a try.

I feel dumb for asking, but did you do this in Run from the start menu?

EDIT: Never mind, I tried running it by putting in C:\Program Files etc. into it first, but it can't find it when I put the /regserver suffix on the end. When I just try running uiscan.exe, it gives me an "Error initializing threat scanner. Please contact BidDefender support" message.

• Thanks for the advice, I'll have to give this a try.

I feel dumb for asking, but did you do this in Run from the start menu?

EDIT: Never mind, I tried running it by putting in C:\Program Files etc. into it first, but it can't find it when I put the /regserver suffix on the end. When I just try running uiscan.exe, it gives me an "Error initializing threat scanner. Please contact BidDefender support" message.

No I used CMD.

then go to the directory where bitdefender is installed usually c:\program files\bitdefender\bitdefender 2009

then run uiscan /regserver.

Hi Diana, I have had the same problem every few months. Usually I uninstall then reinstall. Could you email the patch to me too.

Thanks

• QUOTE (Diana Bele @ Mar 13 2009, 05:37 AM)

We have a patch that I would like you to try - I have sent it to you by e-mail a couple of minutes ago. Please try to use it and see if you are able to scan after running it

Hi Diana,

Me too i need the patch as i face the same issue and this is from the time I installed Bitdefender ... and i can start manual scan ..

Will the patch solve it ?

Mark

• Hello, all. I just joined the forum because I was having trouble with BitDefender 2009 (Vista 32 Home Premium). Guess what, I can't initiate a scan!! I see that the problem appears to be quite commone here!! WTF??? I've only had BitDefender installed for a few weeks, is this the sort of trouble I can expect from BitDefender? Perhaps I made a bad choice when I selected BitDefender.

• No I used CMD.

then go to the directory where bitdefender is installed usually c:\program files\bitdefender\bitdefender 2009

then run uiscan /regserver.

Ok, I did this in CMD, and I had to approve the actions through my firewall, so I know it went through.

Still no luck on getting a scan to run, though. Even after restarting my computer.

• rpaugusto
    edited March 2009

Hello!

I was experiencing a similar problem with BitDefender AntiVirus 2009 on a Windows XP Home SP3. I also had a seamingly not related problem with my network connections, when I tried to open their Properties a small dialog saying that a "unexpected error" has occurred showed up and no properties window appeared. Both these errors made me think the Registry was corrupted in any way.

The problem with scanning in BD AV 2009 started when it said the services weren't working, the Threat Scanning Service was down, etc, etc. I uninstalled AV 2009, ran the uninstall tool to clear everything and it gave me an error when cleaning some registry settings. That's when I thought the Registry was damaged. I tried everything, installing again, uninstalling again, cleaning again but to no avail. I even tried to reset the Registry permissions as per a Microsoft article using the Subinacl utility, but it also gave me a error saying it coudn't access the Registry keys. Then I was sure it was the Registry.

I managed to install AV 2009 and get the services to start again, even automatically. But even then, everytime I tried to start a scan a dialog saying that wasn't possible to start a scan showed up and about 1 min later another dialog saying that the scanning services failed to respond in time. That was the problem I was having with AV 2009. Real-time worked, but on-demand didn't. I gave up on that, was set to reinstall Windows.

Today I needed to access configuration on my network connection, same "unexpected error" dialog. Looked for a solution, this MS article solved it:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/824923

Then it ocurred to me to try a on-deman scan with AV 2009. It worked!!!! It could run scans again!! :D

Basically, the article said to execute 2 commands (register again 2 DLL files). I ran these 2 commands on Start->Execute, each at a time:

regsvr32 %systemroot%\system32\netshell.dll

regsvr32 %systemroot%\system32\ole32.dll

Restarted Windows after the second, and both problems were gone.

I guess you can give it a try, basically it only re-registers a couple DLLs. I think no harm done anyway. Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Ricardo

• [ .....

Basically, the article said to execute 2 commands (register again 2 DLL files). I ran these 2 commands on Start->Execute, each at a time:

I guess you can give it a try, basically it only re-registers a couple DLLs. I think no harm done anyway. Hope it helps.

... ]

I noticed that JBR is running XP and although I'm running VISTA I thought I'd give JBR's method a try. For what it's worth, the procedure accomplished nothing for my computer - I still have the same 2 problems - BitDefender is tellng me I've never scanned my machine, and as adamant as the software is about needing to scan my machine, I can't initiate a scan :)

• [ .....

... ]

I noticed that JBR is running XP and although I'm running VISTA I thought I'd give JBR's method a try. For what it's worth, the procedure accomplished nothing for my computer - I still have the same 2 problems - BitDefender is tellng me I've never scanned my machine, and as adamant as the software is about needing to scan my machine, I can't initiate a scan :)

There are three or four threads relative to "no scanning" on this forum. Has anyone received a solution to the problem?

The patch they asked me to try failed to work for me. I then received a request from BD tech support to send them various files for analysis This was two days ago and I have not had a reply to that information.

Is there a solution?

Thanks

Steve

• There are three or four threads relative to "no scanning" on this forum. Has anyone received a solution to the problem?

The patch they asked me to try failed to work for me. I then received a request from BD tech support to send them various files for analysis This was two days ago and I have not had a reply to that information.

Is there a solution?

Thanks

Steve

I received a recommendation from tech support...here is my reply -

"Diana - The solution did not work. I followed your instructions exactly, removing two programs, uninstalling and then reinstalling bitdefender. The program still fails to scan from the security center.

Do you have any solution or will I have to change vendors to get a product which works.....?

Thank you - please advise.

Steve"

• There are three or four threads relative to "no scanning" on this forum. Has anyone received a solution to the problem?

Is there a solution?

Thanks

Steve

This morning, my scan also stopped, but is now running again. Sequence is as follows

BD scheduled scan completed at 7:36am

Around 7:45am I noticed a message popping up about a firewall rule being created for "rundll32 as an app". I thought that this was strange since BD had been installed for nearly two months

Did a contextual scan of windows/system32/rundll32 - scan failed to start; then I reran it immediately,and it succeeded (7:52am).

Tried a full system scan - scan would not start,nor would any other.

ran those registry commands from this thread - scan still failed

Rebooted my system

9:06am - Doing a quick scan now

Can that new bot/worm have invaded my system?How can I tell? According to the USA papers today, the latest version subverts some anti-virus programs.

• I have the same problem, i have vista 64bit, bitdefender antivirus 2009, I can't scan, I can't see the dashboard.

it used to work just fine till few days ago, can u help.

Tamer Gamal

• I had the same problem. This is how I resolved. I hope this helps someone else.

O/S platform: 32-bit Windows XP Pro SP3

Product: BD Antivirus 2009

Problem: After installing BitDefender 2009, could not force manual scan either from the BitDefender Antivirus Security Center or selecting Bitdefender Manual Scan from Start menu. I would receive an error message: "Scan Failed To Execute" (way to go Bitdefender, nice descriptive error message)

Cause: The problem appeared to be caused by old registry entries and/or BitDefender residual files from a previous BitDefender2008 installation. I had to completely remove any trace of BitDefender from my system.

Step 1: Go to the following URL: BitDefender Un-installation

Step 2: Run the executable to remove BitDefender files from your system.

Step 3: Use a registry cleaner and run a scan on your registry. I used COMODO Registry Cleaner. Another good one is CCleaner. PLEASE MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR REGISTRY BEFORE DELETING ANYTHING. Either of the 2 registry cleaners I mentioned will provide you a way to do this.

Step 4: Using the registry cleaner, run a normal clean up scan on your registry. You may also want to create a custom filter in your registry cleaner to search for the string "BitDefender". Get rid of these registry entries as well.

Step 5: Using Windows Search Companion, I did a search for file names and file contents for the string "BitDefender". I removed every hit that was returned.

Step 6: Install BitDefender 2009.

Step 7: Reboot.

Step 8: Run through the required, yet utterly annoying BitDefender setup wizard.

That's it. Try performing your manual scan. I was able to successfully run several manual scans after running through these steps. Automatic scans also seem to work fine as does automatic updates. Although I know everyone's situation is not the same as mine, I hope this solution works out for someone else too. Better than the worthless "Just re-install" answer I got from BD's technical support.

• Thought I would add my voice to the crowd of unhappy users having this problem. It seems that on my system (Vista Ultimate, 32-bit, Intel) I cannot really do anything from the console. My scheduled scan runs find every night, but the thing still squawks about not having run a malware scan ever. Of course, nothing runs when I click 'Fix' or the individual 'Scan...' links on the right. In addition, I really have no idea what a "malware scan" specifically is, since I guess I am NOT doing on every single night, or it would be reflected in the UI, right?

Anyway, I require robust antivirus on this machine as I connect to VPN around the world to do my job. I need to prove to everyone that I have an up-to-date and sound AV solution in place periodically, so if we cannot get this thing resolved, I will be another lost customer. Please help! Please at least respond to this to let us know that you realize there is an issue and you are working on it.

• I just joined the forum to post that Internet Security 2009 doesn't respond to clicking "Fix" buttons. I'm obviously not alone.

I am running Vista Home Premium SP1 on AMD 64 bit dual core laptop with 4GB of RAM. The laptop came brand new with Norton 360 installed but I removed it and installed BitDefender 2009 thinking it was better based on my past good experience with your 2008 version on one of my other laptops.

I'm very interested in your prompt remedy to get this software in working order. I can only scan by going to the start menu and starting a manual scan on a particular hard drive. This laptop has two drives attached.

I trust you will provide a fix very soon.

• maybe some patch can work

• Hi

I often have the same problem. I have reinstalled several times and that works for a few hours then I cant run any scans and often cannot get the console to show at all.

I can run manual scans usually and it still runs scheduled scans but the consle will not appear except after some reboots but not all. I have the situation where it says I have never run malware program. I can update using the icon in my tray to check things are still working ok in the background but when I click show nothing happens usually.

I recently had a virus attack from the vrtob virus and could not access to run a proper scan by the time I tried to run a manual one it had been attacked and didnt work .It took me a while to do a restore and clean but was not fun and I think the lack of access to the scans made it worse.

I liked 2008 and had a problem with upgrading which was fixed very well in the forum for me but this is a tad annoying to say the least. I bought a 3 computer licence and put it on my dads comp so he was secure but now his is the same and its a nightmare explaining all this to him LOL. Please give us a general patch to fix all this.

• Hey. I have the same problem initiating a scan on my computer with bitdefender. Could you send me the patch please or send me a link to the patch?

Much appreciated.

• karichyanne
    edited March 2009

Hey!

I got my new laptop for christmas and I bought bitdefender for my virus protection.I have only just had this program.I have a years worth of protection however after only 3 months this has happened. <_<

Could anyone possibly send the patch because otherwise i will have to switch to avg or another virus protector as I very frequently use the internet

please anyone, :)

It would be greatly appriciated,

oh and also, i cannot run a manual scan :S

Kari, 14

Could you possibly send me the patch too?

:)

• The patch that we tested at the beginning of this thread will only work in some cases when a certain file called "tasks_system.xml" was corrupted and this is the reason why the scan wasn't running. Unfortunately this scenario does not apply in all the cases when the error message "Scan failed to execute" is generated.

I have conceived a checklist that you can use in order to go through some basic troubleshooting steps if you have the error message "Scan failed to execute" when trying to launch a scan from the dashboard:

1. Go to BitDefender -> Advanced View -> Antivirus -> Virus Scan. Check in order to see if you have "Deep system scan", "Full system scan" and so on listed there. If not, please proceed to step 4 in this list. If you have them listed there, click on one of scans and select "Scan Now";

2. If you receive the "Scan failed to execute" error message please open the Task Manager and look for the process called "uiscan.exe". If you don't have it there please go to the next step;

3. Go to Start - Programs - BitDefender 2009 - BitDefender Manual Scan. Please try to see if you can launch the scan like this. If the scan doesn't launch this way proceed to step 5. If the scan launches using this method please Stop the scan and go to the next step.

4. Boot the PC in Safe Mode and run the patch available here then restart in normal Windows mode. Now try the steps listed at step 1 and see if you can run the scan. If not, please proceed to the next step.

5. Uninstall BitDefender using this removal tool then restart the system. Now download the latest kit available for your product using one the following links:

Antivirus 32bits 64bits

Internet Security 32bits 64bits

Total Security 32bits 64bits

After reinstalling and restarting check in order to see if you can run a scan. If the scan still returns that error message then further troubleshooting will be needed in order to determine if there is a conflict on the system that is causing this situation.

• mortennl
    edited March 2009

I have the same problem. I download Bitdefender 2009 from (http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/desktop/internet_security/final/en/ - File data: 04-Mar-2009) and then I installed. After I had installed I could run scans (manually/automatically) - I did not allow any scans to finish, because the virus signature was old. Therefor I updated Bitdefender, and afterwards it was not possible to scan anymore.

Before the update:

Virus Signatures: 2704084

Engine Version: 7.23948

After the update:

Virus Signatures: 2815576

Engine Version: 7.24430

I'm using Windows XP Professional SP3 (Danish)

Regards Morten.

• Hi,

I am also struggling with this scan things now since several days and the support did not answer to my mail since 1 week. (I provided the fileinfo and a sysdump ...) :wacko:

However, I also followed all recommendation here in this forum, even deactivated everyhting else (nothing is running besides the windows core processes) in Windows (XP Pro SP3) but a scan does not work. Switching from the German to the English version does not help as well.

In all the descriptions here in the forum I could not find another occuring issue, that when uiscan.exe starts (or lets better say is visible in the tasks) the lan connection aborts.

Pfa all my findings and screenshots in the word file. Hope this helps to anylase the problem better and finally to deliver a solution.

Thanks in advance,

joerch

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=4945" data-fileid="4945" rel="">bd_issue.doc

• Hi, I purchased BitDefender Antivirus 2009 a while back, and initially, it worked fine. But now I've noticed I can't run a scan at all. No deep scans, no quick scans, nothing. I've restarted my computer and tried again, but it still won't scan. Everything else works fine (as far as I can tell, at least). Not really giving me any problems otherwise. Any suggestions?

Hey I have the same problem, and it sounds like a program might be messing with our registry files (or I could've played around with it too much). I have a registry fixer outside of my bitdefender and When I ran it and fixed errors my bitdefender worked 100% as advertised without rebooting, uninstalling or any of that stuff. It's definitely a registry problem as mentioned before. Before following tedious tasks I would look for easier options. My fixer solved the problem in under three minutes. I won't mention the name because I'm not trying to sell anything.

• I received a recommendation from tech support...here is my reply -

"Diana - The solution did not work. I followed your instructions exactly, removing two programs, uninstalling and then reinstalling bitdefender. The program still fails to scan from the security center.

Do you have any solution or will I have to change vendors to get a product which works.....?

Thank you - please advise.

Steve"

Still no reply/solution to scan problem as of 4-1. :(

Please advise asap.

Thank you

Steve

• Hi Diana,

Can you please email me the patch that you have? I am not able to download from rapidshare.

I am using Vista Business.

Thanks.

• Baytoven
    edited April 2009

Hello Diana

I am having the same issue that others are having regarding Bitdefender 2009. I 'm running Windows Vista Home Premium on both my desktop and laptop. I would like the patch as well.

Thanks.

• Hi Folks,

I've also got this problem, and after reading previous posts in this thread I tried "Repair or Remove" from the Start --> Bitdefender 2009 menu, just to see what I would learn from it.

My problem is that none of the scans will start to execute, also the manual scan from the start menu will not start. In fact, no scans at all. Updates are working properly.

The repair seems to be removing all files and installing the original scanner again. During the installation a quick scan is performed using the original virus definitions in the BitDefender installation files. The quick scan seems to work fine with the old scanners and engines. Based on this observation, a repair should do the job.

After doing the quick scan BitDefender is updated using the auto-update. If the scan will not start after the update, one of the updates is the cause of our problem.

And surely, after the update no scan works anymore...

So, dear BitDefender developers and testers, please take a look at whatever you have published for the last couple of weeks. My last successfull scan was at March 22nd and first unsuccessfull scan eas at March 29th, whicd I think will specify the period of time where malicious software was published.

Kind regards,

Bo Kjellerup

(Professional software tester)

• I have the same problem - BitDefender 2009, Windows Vista 64 bit... worked fine when I purchased it about 2 weeks ago... now will not scan - I get "Error - scan failed to execute" message. Also can't update. Can you please send me the patch and info on how to fix?

• Same problem here. Vists Business SP1 64 bit. Total Secutiry 2009. Fresh install from retail CD. No manual scan can be initiated, and in the Start menu, under BidDefender folder, only entry is Repair and Uninstall, no Manual Scan or anything else.

The Lenovo Thinkpad notebook I'm using went blue screen a couple of time, reporting problematic BitDefender driver (BDFTDIFS.SYS).

The technical support phone number for Canana 1-866-947-1873 listed in the user's manual is bogus. It's a fax number. This is totally unacceptable.

• Having the same problem. Scan failed to execute. When trying to "Fix Issue" nothing happens please help.

Thanks

• i recently bought and installed Bitdefender and am having the same issue. i am currently using 64bit windows ultimate, and after about 2 weeks of worry free use with your program, now i cannot scan. i have reinstalled, and still nothing. i cannot manual scan either. this particular machine is in constant use and needs to be scanned frequently.

so if you can send me whatever patch it is that you guys have been talking about, that would be awesome. and, though you may not know the answer to this, if this does not work, who do we all talk to about getting our money back??

• Anyone here can help us ? Provide us with a patch or something?

• The patch that we tested at the beginning of this thread will only work in some cases when a certain file called "tasks_system.xml" was corrupted and this is the reason why the scan wasn't running. Unfortunately this scenario does not apply in all the cases when the error message "Scan failed to execute" is generated.

I have conceived a checklist that you can use in order to go through some basic troubleshooting steps if you have the error message "Scan failed to execute" when trying to launch a scan from the dashboard:

1. Go to BitDefender -> Advanced View -> Antivirus -> Virus Scan. Check in order to see if you have "Deep system scan", "Full system scan" and so on listed there. If not, please proceed to step 4 in this list. If you have them listed there, click on one of scans and select "Scan Now";

2. If you receive the "Scan failed to execute" error message please open the Task Manager and look for the process called "uiscan.exe". If you don't have it there please go to the next step;

3. Go to Start - Programs - BitDefender 2009 - BitDefender Manual Scan. Please try to see if you can launch the scan like this. If the scan doesn't launch this way proceed to step 5. If the scan launches using this method please Stop the scan and go to the next step.

4. Boot the PC in Safe Mode and run the patch available here then restart in normal Windows mode. Now try the steps listed at step 1 and see if you can run the scan. If not, please proceed to the next step.

5. Uninstall BitDefender using this removal tool then restart the system. Now download the latest kit available for your product using one the following links:

Antivirus 32bits 64bits

Internet Security 32bits 64bits

Total Security 32bits 64bits

After reinstalling and restarting check in order to see if you can run a scan. If the scan still returns that error message then further troubleshooting will be needed in order to determine if there is a conflict on the system that is causing this situation.

Dear Diana.

Did the above with NO luck. Have Windows XP SP3.

- During install the quick system scan didn't start - Error: "The scanning process was not started in the required time interval. Press OK to close BD AV scanner."

- Manual scan doesn't work - Error: "Error initializing threat scanner. Please contact BD Support."

- "Fix/Fix this issue" doesn't work either.... No response.

Havn't been able to scan my computer for 30 days now - hope BD will offer an extra XX number of days toward our expiry date...

Looking forward to your reply. Thanks.

• As I have stated in my previous post, if you run through the checklist and the steps still do not manage to resolve the scanning issue further troubleshooting is required.

I have created tickets in the support database for everybody who reported having this issue after running the steps in the checklist, please reply to the e-mail with the reports that I have requested.

• Unfortunately I'm having the exact same problem which has been described in detail by several users here: It is suddenly not possible to execute the Scan function in BitDefender Internet Security 2009. Depending on exactly how I try to activate the scanning process I get errors like:

• Scan Failed to Execute
    • The scanning process was not started in the required time interval. Press OK to close the BitDefender Antivirus scanner
    • Error initializing threat scanner. Please contact BitDefender support

I have tried just about everything suggested by the various messages in this thread, including the list of actions suggested by Diana Bele, but the scanning function has not been reinstated. I have actually tried 3 different ways of uninstalling the program and reinstalling it again, and all 3 methods kind of work, EXCEPT that the scanning function is always and completely out of order. :wacko: I can not even start a manual scan, neither by pointing-and-clicking Start - Programs - BitDefender 2009 - Manual scan or by a command in Start - Run.

I'm having this problem on a PC running Windows XP SP3.

Interestingly (and intriguing), I am also having the same BitDefender program installed on two other PC's, one of them running Windows Vista Home Edition 32-bit and the other Windows Vista Home Edition 64-bit, and neither of these PC's have this problem :huh: . I don't dare messing around too much with the BitDefender installations on these two other PC's in case I accidentally trigger the same problem on those PC's! - But it just goes to show that the scanning problem with BitDefender is apparently linked to the individual PC.

The PC with the problem is always kept completely up to date with Windows Update etc. (That goes for the two other PC's as well).

After having spent several fruitless hours upon this I am VERY MUCH interested in a quick and lasting solution to this problem, so please send me a solution (fix, patch, whatever) as soon as it is available. It seems to be a general and common problem.

Regards,

Brian - Denmark