Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Laptop Mode And Device Scanning

Options
coolcool1227
coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
edited November 2010 in Old topics

With Laptop Mode active, Bitdefender don't Auto-Detect devices such as CD/DVD's and USB Storage Devices etc and no pop-up appear for Scan.

When I plug-in the Laptop adapter power pin, it Auto-Detect the above said devices normally and prompt for their Scan i.e Device Scanning.

Comments

• I'm not clear if you are just making an observation or suggesting there is a problem with laptop mode. :huh:

The User's Manual explains what laptop mode is and how it works:

Allows you to postpone the BitDefender scheduled tasks while your laptop runs

on batteries and also to eliminate all alerts and pop-ups when you are playing.

The manual goes into much more detail in the laptop mode section.

Regards,

• coolcool1227
    Options

Hi nikki605

I have read the Laptop Mode Section in user guide as you said, but there is information of Scheduled scans and it was Device Scanning option I mentioned.

@laptop runs on batteries and also to eliminate all alerts and pop-ups when you are playing

Playing what? If you mean games by that then its.............NO.

Actually I am talking about Device Scanning pop-up doesn't appear with Laptop Mode Active and I've to performed "Contextual Scan" for my Flash Drive instead of "Device Scanning".

post-31288-1289982509_thumb.jpg

post-31288-1289983106_thumb.jpg

• How about the Silent Mode module ? Post me a screenshot for both Game Mode and Silent mode modules.

• coolcool1227
    coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options

Hi Daniel

Both of the Game and Silent Modes are disabled. Kindly also see the snapshots.

post-31288-1290107214_thumb.jpg

post-31288-1290107228_thumb.jpg

• coolcool1227
    Options

Waiting for reply?

• coolcool1227
    Options

Still waiting for any response.

• Unknown
    edited November 2010
    Options

Hello,

I believed you understood. It's normal not to be asked if you wish to scan any devices ONLY when you are running the laptop on batteries. Why would you start another task for your PC to run when you are on limited power ? If you remove the A/C cable you will see the Laptop mode changing to Enabled. If you plug back in the A/C adapter then BitDefender will consider the PC as a desktop and will ask you to scan any devices connected while having A/C power connected. With all respect ONT, you have the oddest tests I've seen on the forums so far :)

• Dj Co2
    edited June 2011
    Options

I have the same problem.. It is annoying sometimes

• Unknown
    Options

Start a new topic. It is NOT ALLOWED to post in Old topics. That is why it's called "Old", because we do not re-open them.

This discussion has been closed.