Bdts 2011 And Streaming To Ps3 With Wmp12

Hi, I'm BDTS 2011, I have Windows 7 Ultimate 32Bits and want to stream my videos to the PS3 wirelessly. When BD is installed, doesn't work. As soon as I do a clean uninstall of BD, it works again! I have configured Windows correctly that is not the problem, my homegroup works fine and I can stream from another PC in the same room that has not BD installed on it. The WM12 media server is not recognized by the PS3 when BD is installed. Anyone else has the issue pls?

Comments

• Nobody? Can a BD tech reply pls,

• Hi Tierix,

First of all sorry for my late response. Please provide me with the following info:

- what software you use to stream the videos;

- reproduce the steps you take to stream;

- try to disable the Firewall module and see if the issue still occur;

- try to disable AVC and IDS (Advanced Settings button under Antivirus -> Shield) and see if the issue still occur;

- what is the error message you receive when you try to stream or what exactly is happening ?

Also please note the following if you wish to be able to stream correctly (presuming you are using Windows Media 12):

* Two computers running Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional, or Ultimate. The host, or home computer that you will be streaming the media from, cannot be on a public network or part of domain.

* Windows Live ID

* UPnP or Port Forwarding enabled on your home router

* Media files added to your Windows Media Player library

Looking forward to your answer!

• Thank you very much for your reply. Here are the answers you have requested:

- what software you use to stream the videos;

--> Windows Media Player

- reproduce the steps you take to stream;

- try to disable the Firewall module and see if the issue still occur;

--> I did, still doesn't work. PS3 won't see the Windows Media Server.

- try to disable AVC and IDS (Advanced Settings button under Antivirus -> Shield) and see if the issue still occur;

--> I did, still doesn't work. PS3 won't see the Windows Media Server.

- what is the error message you receive when you try to stream or what exactly is happening ?

--> Nothign happens, it's just that the PS3 does not see the Windows media Server when BD is installed.

When I uninstall BD, Windows Media Server is foundable on the PS3.

• I have the same issue, and this is really cramping the holiday vibe <_<

If I remove Bitdefender, the PS3 can see my media server, with it installed, it wont see it (WMP or PS3 media server).

Things I've tried (whether they're logical or not)

- Turned off Stealth mode under firewall>>network (this used to work!)

- Set network type to Trusted under firewall>>network

- Unchecked port scanning in advanced options

- Turned off Firewall

- Added the PS3's IP as a zone under firewall>>network

- Disabling AVC and IDS under the antivirus advanced settings

- Cursing and swearing

If it makes any difference, my router is a Linksys WRT310N, with UPnP enabled.

• I'm glad I'm not the only one! I've tried the exact same things with no success. I guess some people are able to see the PS3 with WM12 or we would have a lot more examples on the forum.

What Windows do you use? What's your WM version?

• What Windows do you use? What's your WM version?

win7x64 ultimate, wmp12

I had a similar problem with bd2010, and resolved the issue with the stealth mode toggle. No such luck with bd2011.

Looking forward to a speedy solution from the bd folks on this.

• yeah me too. The DanyDan guy seems to be really good. Let's see if he can figure this one out....

• I am having same issue. Any reply Yet?

• nope. But PS3 Media Server works for me.

• Hi Pixeljedi,

I have checked several forums related to connectivity issues between PS3 and WMP12 and I have noticed the issue is already known and addressed.

Please provide me with the following info:

- Internet connection type;

- network adapter type, brand and model;

- network adapter - driver version;

- network adapter type: ethernet; wireless;

- what Windows Media Server version are you using

Open Windows Media Player and go to Stream -> More streaming options and provide me with a screenshot of that window AFTER you select from the drop-down menu to "Show devices on All networks".

• tierix
    edited December 2010

Although this message is not intended to me although you know I have the same problem, and since this is MY THREAD, here is MY answer:

--> Wireless but doesn't work wired either

- network adapter type, brand and model;

--> nVidia nForce

- network adapter - driver version;

--> 1.0.1.211

--> it's on the motherboard, it's not WIFI, I get WIFI through the Netgear WG634 router.

- what Windows Media Server version are you using

--> Don't understand the question, where do you find the version of a service? WMS is: WMPNetworkSvc

Screenshot attached. The "unknown device" in the screenshot is the PS3, but I can't see the media server on the PS3.

post-4194-1293643951_thumb.jpg

• win7x64 ultimate, wmp12

I had a similar problem with bd2010, and resolved the issue with the stealth mode toggle. No such luck with bd2011.

Looking forward to a speedy solution from the bd folks on this.

Hi,

hi dan answered you yet please?

thanks

• Unknown
    edited January 2011
    Although this message is not intended to me although you know I have the same problem, and since this is MY THREAD, here is MY answer:

--> Wireless but doesn't work wired either

--> it's on the motherboard, it's not WIFI, I get WIFI through the Netgear WG634 router.

The "unknown device" in the screenshot is the PS3, but I can't see the media server on the PS3.

When do you see the Windows Media Server listed in the PS3 ? When you disable BitDefender Firewall and/or BitDefender Real Time Protection ? Or does the issue only resolve when you uninstall BitDefender ? Does the issue still occur without BitDefender installed on the PC ?

nope. But PS3 Media Server works for me.
    - can you please elaborate on this ?
  • No the issue happens only when BD is installed. Even after I formarted my PC to install Windows x64, the issue as still ongoing.

PS3 Media Server is another software to stream stuff to the PS3. This one streams fine, it uses JAVA though.

• What are the differences between the two software you use to stream ? I need more details about both software along with a download link for them so I can perform the tests I need. Also Netgear make sure that you have your WG634 router set correctly. I would recommend you to contact Sony Customer Care and ask them how to configure your router to stream to your PS3. They will provide you with the ports you need to forward into the router and any other additional settings.

Please send me a PM with the name of the software you are having issues with (the streaming software) along with a download link and the full version you are using.

• What do you mean what are the difference??? I'm not going to enumerate all the differences there are too many, just check their websites

After doing a very simple google search, here is the website of PS3 media server: http://ps3mediaserver.blogspot.com/ (I'm using the latest version on the website)

As for Windows Media player 12, I'm sure you can find sutff on the net somewhere.

I don't need to call Sony to configure the nethear router as, again, I can stream fine via PS3 Media server, which means the router is already configured correctly. Plus, when BD is NOT installed, WMP12 works fine without openeing any specific ports on the router! Ask around, i'm sure nobody needs to open specific ports on the PS3.

It doens't work only with WMP12 and only when BD is installed.

• Hello,

I have read some forums associated with streaming issues between WMP12, PS3 and all major security solutions ONLY on the Windows 7 OS. I will pass the info to the testing team and as soon as I will have an answer with a possible resolution I will post it here.

You can read one of the topics about streaming issues HERE.

Regards,

• Eugenio
    edited June 2011
    Hi, I'm BDTS 2011, I have Windows 7 Ultimate 32Bits and want to stream my videos to the key xbox 360 wirelessly. When BD is installed, doesn't work. As soon as I do a clean uninstall of BD, it works again! I have configured PS3 Hack Windows correctly that is not the problem, my homegroup works fine and I can stream from another PC in the same room that has not BD installed on it. The WM12 media server is not recognized by the dyson fan when BD is installed. Anyone else has the issue pls?

I guess some people are able to see the PS3 with WM12 or we would have a lot more examples on the forum.

This discussion has been closed.