Very Disapointed Of Safebox
I just bought Bitdefender and part of the reason I did choose this Anti-virus was about the backup feature. I thought it would be a good fit for me. So I install everything and start playing with safebox and quickly got very disapointed. I realized that it is missing a lot of basic features that any backup system should have.
- You have no control of the online content, you cannot delete or manage it or anything. So if you backup a wrong folder by mistake or just over time by backuping different files, you will use your 2 gigs and never see it again, you are basically screwed. (not mentioning that when I click on upgrade, I end up to a page saying I do not have a product to manage it)
- You cannot remove subfolders from a backed up folders. It will always include ALL subfolders. Being a developer, this basically mean that you will not only backup your source code, but the object files as well. It does not take long to use your 2 gigs
- You cannot generate scheduled backup and snapshots. On the same topic, you cannot restore all files from a snapshot, you have to manually select each files you want to restore from a certain point.
- If you want to restore deleted files, it will restore the whole content of the folder, you cannot choose which file(s) you want to restore.
- You cannot compare previous version to new version, so if you want to restore a file from before, you have to shoot in the dark to figure out which version you want to restore.
I think the concept is interesting (auto backup and auto file versioning) but this really need a major upgrade to become usable for any serious backup.