Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Usb Device Scanning Not Working

Options

We have BD 2013, 16.21.0.1504. It is the only security running on this computer which is a Compaq 32 Bit, Duel Core 1.8 GHz and is running Vista Ultimate with 4GB ram.

I have found BD does not automatically scan or offer a manual scan option for all USB devices I connect. I have followed the steps in the thread titled "Automatically Immunize Usb Devices In Bitdefender 2013" and selected the "Always Ask" option but I am not being given the window which is intended to ...prompt you to immunize the device and/or scan it.

I have tried a 500GB external hard drive, an MP3 and an Android device. To date, the only activity I have seen was less than 2 minutes of activity in the scan section of the Security Widget when I connected the external hard drive.

Also, if I try the BD Scan Now>Custom Scan>Add Target option I can find the external hard drives USB connection but I couldn't find the MP3 player etc in the "Add Target" windows C drive (or any other areas of the Add Target window).

Any Suggestions? Obviously I would like to be able to scan any/all portable devices that may have been infected on other systems.

Regards.

Comments

• Charyb
    Options

After following the instructions in "Automatically Immunize Usb Devices In Bitdefender 2013" I had to change from autopilot to user mode to get this to work.

• After following the instructions in "Automatically Immunize Usb Devices In Bitdefender 2013" I had to change from autopilot to user mode to get this to work.

Thanks for the reply Charyb.

I already had BD set to User Mode

• coolcool1227
    Options

After updated to the latest Build, I faced the above reported issue that when I am insert the USB Stick to the system, it prompt for scan (as I select Always Ask option) and when I click to scan the USB Stick, no Device Detection Scan is started and there is no indication in the tray icon also.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

@ fredsone

Your MP3 player is an iPod?

@ ONT

This issue is still reproducing with 16.22.xxx, the latest build?

I have tried to reproduce it here and all the scans run properly.

Thank you!