Problems With No Help

I am very frustrated and hoping someone can help me figure out how to fix my issue. On April 2nd my Bitdefender showed my computer was infected and that it could not remove the infection. It stated we needed to create a Bitdefender Rescue CD and run it to remove the issue. We immediately created this disc and ran the software. The recovery CD would locate the problem but tell us it could not access the files needed to remove the threat and to restart instead of shut down, because of the Windows 8 fast boot. We followed these steps and ran the scan again receiving the same error. After much research we turned off the windows fast boot and tried the rescue CD again. Still we received the same error message from Bitdefender. During this time we have emailed back and forth with Bitdefender 17 times. Their suggestions for fixing this issue have ranged from running the rescue CD again to downloading 3rd party software. Many of their emails gave us instructions to do things we had clearly already tried from the emails we sent them. The last email from them was on April 16th and stated, "We are working to resolve your issue." Subsequent emails for an update have been ignored. We tried calling Bitdefender today and were essentially told no one could help us and he would raise the priority level of our request. He said to wait a bit more. The department we needed to contact does not have a phone number and there is no supervisor we can talk to. We have used Bitdefender for many years and been happy with the protection provided, but this current issue and the customer service provided has not been acceptable. We pay a good amount of money for protection for our computer. It is unacceptable to have had an issue like this for over three weeks with seemingly no help being provided. Has anyone had luck having issues like this resolved? If so how did you go about this?

Thanks,

Loomis

Comments

• I am very frustrated and hoping someone can help me figure out how to fix my issue. On April 2nd my Bitdefender showed my computer was infected and that it could not remove the infection. Loomis

Hi Loomis9,

Welcome on the forum!

Last time I used the BD rescue CD to save a friend infected with the Gendarmerie nationale's worst version, it worked fine.

My other way to get rid of the virus is to plug the hard disk on another computer (a clean one without malware) as an external disc and analyze it.

A few years ago, when we found more than five hundred malwares on another friend's machine, I considered the best solution was to format the hard disk and reinstall a clean system.

Please give your specs in your profile (or your signature) it could help.

Regards,

L.