Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Cannot Quarantine (files That Don't Exist)? Pdf Exploit

Options

Hello all:

First I want to say I love B.D., and have switched from ClamXav.

That said, since reinstalling OS X Yosemite (Public Beta 10.10.4) (see below), whenever I turn on continuous scan or perform a full system scan, B.D. will show notifications (very briefly) saying that it found one or two instances of PDF.Exploit. The B.D. interface turns yellow, and says "Could not quarantine infected files. view log," or something along those lines. I do have PDF.Exploit in my junk mail, and every time I delete and reopen my long-time gmail account, it comes up regardless of my AV software. ClamXav finds it, quarantines it, and deletes it. BD just reports that its there, says it can't quarantine it, and when I click "view log," the log is empty.

I'm not afraid of it, because it's a Windows trojan that at some point was sent to me and went to my SPAM folder. But with ClamXav, it would find it once and get rid of it. I don't want it to find a file every time I run B.D. and do nothing about it. It also makes me wonder whether B.D. is going to work should I encounter an OS X-based threat.

System Software Overview:

System Version: OS X 10.10.4 (14E46)

Kernel Version: Darwin 14.4.0

Boot Volume: The Brain

Boot Mode: Normal

Computer Name: XXX

User Name: XXX

Secure Virtual Memory: Enabled

Time since boot: 1:47

post-191924-1435766550_thumb.png

post-191924-1435766568_thumb.png

Comments

• If I turn off B.D., particularly continuous scan and pause any system scans, and scan instead with ClamXav, I find a ton of files, that are able to be quarantined. (The scan isn't even a quarter of the way through.) Why is B.D. having issues or is this a bug?

post-191924-1435771687_thumb.png

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello,

To be able to guide you further please attach the Bitdefender scan log to your reply.

Thank you.

• Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.