Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Disconnect Between Systems Of Bitdefender And Avangate

Options

I have become a victim of the disconnect between the systems of avangate and bitdefender.

On 27 february 2015 I purchased a licence key for future use.
>>>To make it very clear: up to this day, I did not use the key, i.e. I did not activate any product with it.<<<

At my.bitdefender.com the license key showed 365 days (from the day of purchase 27 februari 2015, up to as late as 4 march 2016), as it should!!
But on store.bitdefender.com/myaccount it began counting down from the day of the purchace. How is this even possible?!!!

Then the horror began:

Avangate charged my creditcard for an auto renewel of this licence key, exactly 365 days after *purchase* (even though it was never used/activated!!!)

>>>To make it very clear: up to this day, I did not use the key, i.e. I did not activate any product with it.<<<

I noticed the charge of my creditcard for the autorenewel and contacted customer support.
I got a refund from Bitdefender for the *auto-renewel*.

But the customer care have invalidated the key in its entirety: not just the renewal, but also the 365 days I had left on the licence key!!!
So they made a mistake, trying to solve a mistake.

Now in my.bitdefender.com it doesn't show 365 days anymore, but that it is invalid.

Needless to say I am very upset with Bitdefender.

Again how is it even possible for store.bitdefender.com/myaccount to count down from the day of purchase while the key hasn't been used.
And in the mean time on my.bitdefender.com showing the full 365 days, as it should!!???

Comments

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello G0rdi4nKn0t,

This kind of situation can be handled by our CS team, due to the nature of it, it has no place on the forum.

I have forwarded your ticket : 2016052713190002 to our CS team and you will receive a response in the shortest time possible.

This discussion has been closed.