Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Doubleclick Cookies

Options
MarcHoppe
edited June 2016 in General

A couple of times now I've done a scan and BD TS 2016 has found a Doubleclick cookie in user/appdata/local/microsoft/windows/INETcookies and deleted it which is a good thing. BD is doing it's job. What I can't figure out is where these cookies are coming from since I only ever use Firefox and it has it's own cookie cache. I never use Edge or Internet Explorer. I have found about a dozen cookies in that location and have manually deleted all of them but they keep coming back all with the same time stamp. I have not been able to trace any particular action back to the period of those time stamps. Anybody have any idea why cookies would be added to that location if I only use Firefox ? Is this something that Microsoft is sneaking on the system ? I'm using Win 10 Pro 64 Bit. This happens on at least two different systems.

Ok so I manually deleted the cookies from INetcookies yesterday and six of them are back today including doubleclick and mathtag. They all have a time stamp of 10:43am. Bitdefender's update was completed at 10:41:57 am...........coincidence ?

Well so much for that idea. I booted another system, did exactly the same steps and can't get the cookies to come back in INetcookies. I simply can't find out what causes them to return. I updated BD, went to Firefox, visited the same websites etc etc but can not get the cookies to reappear. It seems to be something random at this point. What is placing cookies in that location ?

On an unrelated subject can we not edit a post here ? That way I wouldn't have to start a whole new post every time I want to share the results of testing. I'm going to boot a third system to see if I can reproduce the issue there............. :wacko:

Comments

• Sorin G.
    Sorin G.
    edited June 2016
    Options

Hello Marc,

Please try following the steps in the article bellow.

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/-1370.html

Also the edit function has a timer, it used to be 15 minutes now its 30 minutes.

• MarcHoppe
    edited June 2016
    Options

Thank you very much Sorin. However I don't have a problem with toolbars or any of the other issues mentioned in your link. I have always used AdBlock Plus or AdBlocker Ultimate and several other security add ons in Firefox.

The issue is with the doubleclick cookie that keeps sneaking back onto my systems in user/appdata/local/microsoft/windows/INetcookies which BD Total Security 2016 finds and deletes which is good since I know BD is protecting my system. I just have not been able to keep those cookies from coming back even though I don't use Internet Explorer or Microsoft's EMail client. I have set IE and Edge to always block cookies and have blocked IE at Bitdefender's Firewall on this system to see if anything is trying to use it but so far nothing has complained about about not being able to connect. As of this time the cookies have not returned so perhaps I have solved the issue but I will keep monitoring the INetcookies location to see if they return. I have Total Security installed on four other systems so I'll check them to see if the cookies have returned there.

EDIT: Ok I see the edit button now. I'll keep in mind it times out after 30 minutes.