Temporarily Disable 2016 Total Security

I'm trying to update a tunnel I have previously used without issue. The support folks there suggest temporarily disabling antivirus/firewall software. How do I temporarily disable BD 2016 Total Security? My apologies if this has been covered before, I could only find instructions for earlier versions of BD TS.

Comments

• Hello Oxen,

Bring up Bitdefender and click on Modules afterwards go to each module and disable it.

1. Click on Antivirus. On the Shield tab turn off On-access scanning. You'll be asked for how long you wish to disable the protection. In the drop-down menu select Permanently or Until system restart then click OK.
    2. On the same tab turn off Active Threat Control.
    3. Go back and click on Web Protection. Here turn off all 4 buttons: Search Advisor, Scan SSL, Protection against fraud, Protection against phishing
    4. Go back, click on Vulnerability and turn off the button Module status is ON.
    5. Go back and click on Firewall then turn off the button Module status is ON.
    6. Go back, click on Intrusion Detection and turn off the button.
    7. Go back, click on Antispam and turn off the button Module status is ON.
    8. Go back and click on Ransomware Protection. Turn off the first button that reads Module status is ON.

You can also add an exclusion to the application you're trying to update.

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-to-add-exclusions-(exceptions)-in-bitdefender-2016-1467.html

• I hope it is okay to add something to this older thread.

I recently used Task Manager to disable Bitdefender Agent in the Startup tab. Then restart, do what you need to do, enable the agent again, and restart to get everything back.

Of course, you have no protection during that time, so you have to be careful.

Is there any other reason not to do this?

• On 7/11/2016 at 8:36 AM, Sorin G. said:

Hello Oxen,

Bring up Bitdefender and click on Modules afterwards go to each module and disable it.

1. Click on Antivirus. On the Shield tab turn off On-access scanning. You'll be asked for how long you wish to disable the protection. In the drop-down menu select Permanently or Until system restart then click OK.

2. On the same tab turn off Active Threat Control.

3. Go back and click on Web Protection. Here turn off all 4 buttons: Search Advisor, Scan SSL, Protection against fraud, Protection against phishing

4. Go back, click on Vulnerability and turn off the button Module status is ON.

5. Go back and click on Firewall then turn off the button Module status is ON.

6. Go back, click on Intrusion Detection and turn off the button.

7. Go back, click on Antispam and turn off the button Module status is ON.

8. Go back and click on Ransomware Protection. Turn off the first button that reads Module status is ON.

You can also add an exclusion to the application you're trying to update.

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-to-add-exclusions-(exceptions)-in-bitdefender-2016-1467.html

you know full well this DOES NOT disable "bitdefender amsi provider". i WILL install what i want. i do not find it amusing a file that i manually scanned with bitdefender, malwarebytes, and zemana bitdefender desides it's going to block anyway. i have everything in bitdefender set to manual and paranoid mode turned on and yet still there is a part of bitdefender actively monitoring the system and telling me i can't install something. this needs to be addressed.

• 3 hours ago, LOTN2635599 said:

you know full well this DOES NOT disable "bitdefender amsi provider". i WILL install what i want. i do not find it amusing a file that i manually scanned with bitdefender, malwarebytes, and zemana bitdefender desides it's going to block anyway. i have everything in bitdefender set to manual and paranoid mode turned on and yet still there is a part of bitdefender actively monitoring the system and telling me i can't install something. this needs to be addressed.

Hello,

1. AMSI is not supported under Bitdefender 2016

2. You are in the 2016 section in a thread named "Temporarily Disable 2016 Total Security"

3. Please read the forum rules

• 1. i know it's not supported in 2016 only 2017

2. there is no 2017 forum

3. i have every right to be about still having an app blocked after i set everything to manual

• Hello,

There is a 2017 forum, please refrain from posting in the wrong section.

/index.php?/forum/475-bitdefender-2017-products/" ipsnoembed="true" rel="">https://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?/forum/475-bitdefender-2017-products/

Contact our support at bitsy@bitdefender.com if you still encounter issues with the product. Please also provide them with the logs from the Bitdefender Support Tool.

• BitDefender has NEVER honored user's wishes to be disabled fully or complete ignore specified files and processes. This is an issue that has pledged me since v2015, and still affects 2016, and 2017.  It''s getting to so I believe they do not listen and do not care.  If this issue is not resolved, I will probably discontinue using this after the subscription has expired.

• 2 hours ago, 6XGate said:

BitDefender has NEVER honored user's wishes to be disabled fully or complete ignore specified files and processes. This is an issue that has pledged me since v2015, and still affects 2016, and 2017.  It''s getting to so I believe they do not listen and do not care.  If this issue is not resolved, I will probably discontinue using this after the subscription has expired.

AMEN!!!!

• Guys,

"You have to disable individual services separately" answer is simple not enough. We need this feature.

Recently I disabled all my services one by one but seeing BitDefender still takes 30% of my CPU utilization during my software compilation.

So, we need this feature and we need to do it quickly with one click. How do we need to apply for this feature?

BR

• Hello,

A feature request has already been submitted to our devs.