Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Vpn Interference

My Bitdefender Total Security 2016 interfers with my VPN connection.

Through testing and help from my VPN service provider, I've determined BD prevents my VPN from making a connection. With BD off, no problem establishing a connection. I've attempted turning off 'Modules' one-by-one, but I cannot isolate what part of BD is causing this.

Any suggestions?

Scott

Tagged:

Comments

• Hi ScottS,

I am sorry to hear about the issue that ooccurred.

Please disable the Firewall(open Bitdefender-> Modules->Firewall and uncheck it) then see if the issue persists.

If the VPN works, please follow these steps:

-enable the Firewall;

-select the Adapters tab and change the VPN settings to:

Network Type: Trusted,

Stealth Mode: Off,

Generic: On

-in the Adapters tab, click on Network Exceptions and add an exception(Adapter:Trusted; Permission: Allow) for the VPN.

If the issue persists, please provide me more details on what happens when you connect. Is there any error message?

Thank you,

• Pardon, though it doesn't make sense to change a VPN network type to Trusted. The VPN is still Internet-connected to public web sites, etc. Please explain.

• Hello,

VPN networks are considered secure due to the filtering engines they house, as they are not just proxies, you need to go through a gateway to access that public website.

• With the new 2018 version, there is no longer a 'Trusted' option. Should VPN connections be Home/Office or Public? Also, what should the Stealth option be set to, yes or No?

• Hello,

Its advisable to keep them under Home/Office with Stealth OFF.

You can also set the VPN adapter to Trusted by going to Bitdefender > Protection > View Features > Firewall > Settings > Edit default rules and the adapter to Allow.

• IceBite
    edited August 2017

Hello,

i have the same problem, im testing your advice atm, but i cant find the file path of the windows VPN to set up a rule for it, cuz BitDefender needs a file path to save rules -.- or is it just the option under stealth mode where i can choose between automatic/allow/and block ?

Sorry for the bad english, im not a native speaker.

Greetings IceBite.

On 25.7.2017 at 3:25 PM, Sorin G. said:

Hello,

Its advisable to keep them under Home/Office with Stealth OFF.

You can also set the VPN adapter to Trusted by going to Bitdefender > Protection > View Features > Firewall > Settings > Edit default rules and the adapter to Allow.