Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Moving One License Ts2016

Options
MarcHoppe
edited August 2016 in General

Hello, I have a five license version of Total Security 2016. All five license are in use but I'd like to deactivate one to use if I get another computer. The computer it's on now dual boot_s with Ubuntu and I'm thinking of deleting Win 10 on that system and making it Ubuntu only. What are the proper procedures for moving a license to a new computer ? Thank you in advance. :)

EDIT: Did I ask this question already ? My memory is shot.......

Comments

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

Simply uninstall the product from that machine prior to deleting the W10 boot and you will notice that 1 device usage will return to your subscription automatically.

• Thank you very much Sorin ! Should I select "Remove" in Bitdefender Central for that computer and then uninstall TS 2016 from that computer or the other way around ? I seem to remember there is a removal tool for TS 2016. Do I need that as well ? Thanks again for your help. :)

• Sorin G.
    Sorin G.
    edited August 2016
    Options

Hello,

You can use the normal uninstall method via Control Panel without any worries as it will send a ping to Central to remove it from there as well. The removal tool is designed to ensure that there are no leftover files on the machine.

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/KnowledgeBase/file/Bitdefender_2016_UninstallTool.exe

• Ok thank you, I'll boot that system right now and give it a try........... :)

• That worked fine thanks! Now I have another license available so I'd better look for another computer........... :D

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

Glad to hear that everything went smooth.

This discussion has been closed.