[Fixed] Bitdefender Total Security 2017 Firewall Adapters Missing

Comments

• I also have been having the problem for days now.  The "wireless network adapter" disappears from firewall list and I can't print or access a network drive.  I have repaired the software per support instructions and then it works temporarily until the next update or reboot.  Unfortunately, I have to do repairs everyday for three different computers to make them work.  This is getting very tiresome.  Time to look at alternate protection software.

Using: Bitdefender Total Security 2017; Windows 7 Professional

• edited March 2017

Hmmm maybe if we do not touch the WLAN-SecurityAdvisor and not changing the stuff to HOME and leave all as it is, on PUBLIC after a restart it will not be empty this adapter stuff? Coz i checked that the adapter does not vanish if i leave all in place and not touching anything there? But now seriously. A huge bug that has to get solved.....yes seems if i do not change anything on firewall settings the adapter will not vanish....but the IP exclusion still can not get saved.....weird weird weird....ah and here windows sometimes needs to take long to restart. event log tells me: adapter can not get started....what the .....:P :P:P but yes sure works....but only takes long to restart.....funny this.

cheers.

• Having the same problem on Windows 10 Anniversary edition (x64.) This is unacceptable. Grrrrr.....

Bit Defender Total Security 2017

• 3 hours ago, SebastianDI said:

Hmmm maybe if we do not touch the WLAN-SecurityAdvisor and not changing the stuff to HOME and leave all as it is, on PUBLIC after a restart it will not be empty this adapter stuff? Coz i checked that the adapter does not vanish if i leave all in place and not touching anything there? But now seriously. A huge bug that has to get solved.....yes seems if i do not change anything on firewall settings the adapter will not vanish....but the IP exclusion still can not get saved.....weird weird weird....ah and here windows sometimes needs to take long to restart. event log tells me: adapter can not get started....what the .....:P :P:P but yes sure works....but only takes long to restart.....funny this.

cheers.

Can you please elaborate on the wlan-security settings? where is that located? does that rpovide a workaround in the meantime?

• edited March 2017

yes i can show.

see:

well this way the adapter does not go blank, i think. restarted my PC 2 times still there. Yes for me it is a kinda workaround. And i hope for u it might work too?! Test it out! But yes IP exclusions in photo 2 - the IP exclusions cant get saved after a restart. But adapter does not go blank this way, i think. IP Exclusions in photo 2 means "Netzwerkausnahmen".

kkk.png

kkkk.png

lololol.png

• 3 hours ago, SebastianDI said:

yes i can show.

see:

well this way the adapter does not go blank, i think. restarted my PC 2 times still there. Yes for me it is a kinda workaround. And i hope for u it might work too?! Test it out! But yes IP exclusions in photo 2 - the IP exclusions cant get saved after a restart. But adapter does not go blank this way, i think. IP Exclusions in photo 2 means "Netzwerkausnahmen".

kkk.png

kkkk.png

lololol.png

Same issue here. Took me days to figure out!! Tried the repair option a couple of days ago and it worked but now issue has resurfaced. Good timing I suppose, my subscription is finished in 14 days anyways, adios amigos:)

• 57 minutes ago, Cantenna said:

Same issue here. Took me days to figure out!! Tried the repair option a couple of days ago and it worked but now issue has resurfaced. Good timing I suppose, my subscription is finished in 14 days anyways, adios amigos:)

Oh no! Please don't go!!! :rolleyes:

Lol classic: The good ol' threaten them because they ain't fixing it routine.

• Same issue here - adapter list is empty.

First symptom that indicated a problem:  A couple of weeks after Bitdefender updated to 2017, File sharing stopped working on a Windows 7 PC used as a home media server.  

I tried going in and adding the network to trusted networks but noticed that there were no adapters in the list to add trusted networks to.

Attempted turning off the firewall via Bitdefender, then networking stopped working altogether.

Uninstalled Bitdefender and networking returned to normal.  Bitdefender is still the best protection available, so I want to re-install, but I need some comfort level that it's not going to kill my networking again first.

Bitdefender build 21.0.24.53

• I have the same problem on two devices with Win7SP1 & Win8.1 (BD Total Security 2017).

Three days ago I discussed this problem with BD tech support - advice was to repair BD. I tried to repair, uninstall / install - without success. After the first update the situation was the same. Ticket was already sent to BD.

Why didn't tech support know about this bug ??? Why are NOT paying customers informed about this serious bug from their side ??? It means that our security is threatened ??? I spent a lot of my time with searching where the problem is !!! For HOW LONG time will be this bug repaired - for day, days, months ??? IT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE in so important product as security solution is !!! I am very dissapointed with their attitude. I am not sure, that I want to wait !!!

I hope, that BD devs are working to solve this bug during weekend !!!!! If not, I will spend my money at Kaspersky Lab.

Bitdefender, hurry up !!!

Firewall_Adapters.jpg

WIFI Advisor.jpg

• I have the same issue, resulting in not being able to access my printer through my wireless network unless I disable Bitdefender's firewall.

• On 3/10/2017 at 8:46 AM, Sorin G. said:

Hello,

Thank you for all of your reports.

Our devs are currently working on a fix for this issue.

The fix will be deployed via automatic updates.

Hey devs, – here’s an idea – PLEASE ROLL BACK the BD update to a version that worked before you broke it! Then take YOUR time to fix it and leave us to work productively until you figure it out.

• Hello,

i have the same Problems. There are no Adapter found in Adapter list.

I already tried to uninstall and reinstall the Software but it doesn´t works.

After the first update the same problem exist again.

Please fix it.

• edited March 2017

Guys but i found sumthin out. If u dont touch the firewall settings, the adapter will not vanish. LOL.

But yeah the IP exclusions u have to put in again after every restart. Isnt that cool? (public settings) - if i had a Company like Sony and setting on BD, i would riot.

I love BD but this is a no-go......not only it. seems the fox seems to drag down with BD - utube vids go down....cool, amazing, i do party here. With Windows Defender the videos flow. Without losing sound suddenly. Cool, just cool.

NORMALLY BD SHOULD PAY US CUSTOMERS FOR TESTING THEIR BUGGY SOFTWARE, SORRY TO SAY! SORRY BUT TRUE!

• and deleting posts that help your Software of getting better is not helpful at all.

• Sorin G.Sorin G.
    edited March 2017

Hello,

Please take the time to read the forum rules.

While I understand the frustration this situation is generating and we apologize for it. Our devs are working on providing a fix for this situation.

Spamming the thread simply blocks other users from accessing information relevant to this issue.

EDIT : /index.php?/profile/208081-mhcadmin/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="208081" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/208081-mhcadmin/" rel="" style="">@MHCadmin Teredo is a legitimate virtualized adapter used by some applications like Xbox for example. I advise leaving it on Trusted.

• edited March 2017

First:

I am not a Spammer, i try to help people.

Second. Yes TEREDO is a virtual adapter and you do not need to tell him now the things, he already has found it out. Now it is too late.

third i am tired off all this, we all here want this solved fast.

Thanks for your "solutions". We found a kinda "workaround" already. Scroll up.

Forth, thanks for your words. I have nothing gainst you and i know you do your best. And PS he wrote "what is this adapter i never saw before it" - this means he does not use an XBOX trash (built in cams to send to the CIA, the Microsoft Camsoftware). I told him to disable the TEREDO like i do it always as first thing when i reinstall Windows. But okay.....TEREDO is always the first thing i disable, a leak that hackers can use - and costs ressources.

All should see my device manager, so clean and sorted.....

• This issue appears to only affect wireless systems.  My desktop WIN 10 is not experiencing this problem.  However, my wireless laptop is experiencing this issue.

SebastianDL did you discover something as a workaround?  It sounds like your post was deleted.

Ray

• edited March 2017

47 minutes ago, SebastianDI said:

All should see my device manager, so clean and sorted.....scroll up i can only repeat it.

Yes i left all in place i didnt touch Wifi stuff and the adapter didnt vanish after a restart. I only had to put in the IP network exclusions back again.

If i change the wifi stuff to HOME and not PUBLIC then BAM adapter field runs clean, i cant choose network exclusions, cant set an IP.

peace bro goes to Ray was in hurry admin set right was in hurry

PPS and in some several cases the network adapter cant get started, that makes windoof make it take 2 minutes to start. Win 10. Cause is Bitdefender. Event Log "Adapter could not get started" blahblah sulz. Only happens with BD sorry to say

• Hello Sorin G.,

please, what is the reason that my input as a paying costumer has been deleted ? You (Bitdefender) are not able to answer my question, please ? How long time will the repair take, please ?

Thank you in advance

Bitdefender's patient customer

• edited March 2017

Had this issue with a clients machine with Windows 7 and Total security.  For now we turned the firewall off.

There has been issue after issue with 2017!  So much that I can't in my right mind recommend or sell it anymore. 

• Printer with scanner (Epson WF-3520) on WiFi.

PC W7.

BDIS 2017.

As said here by forumers, remove/install BDIS 2017 : the firewall adapters page comes back...

... but emptied itself after a reboot.

Then no access to the printer BUT the scanner is still working !

• SAHSAH
    edited March 2017

I'm having the same issue with bitdefender total security 2017, OS is Win 10 Pro. No adapter showing up. Tried repair method which worked till update applied again two days later and now no adapters an unable to access HP Scanner...

Also the HP printer is no working as well.

Also I did notice this phishing alert in bitdefender . Here is  the screen snippet

58c74bb42979d_bitdefenderphishing.PNG.6e5bf463550091281ccdd051018f17fa.PNG

• edited March 2017

Sorting G,

Received a new update and my wifi adapter is now showing up in the firewall exceptions list. I can now access my network resources, printers, NAS. 

Thanks for the quick resolution. 

Ray

• edited March 2017

Hi,

I have updated now and rebooted but still no adapters in network list and i still cant acsess my local LAN. Please tell me if i have to do something else or just reboot...

my comp. :

Win 10 pro x64 

Lenovo X1 

Rok

• edited March 2017

4 hours ago, RokSLO said:

Hi,

I have updated now and rebooted but still no adapters in network list and i still cant acsess my local LAN. Please tell me if i have to do something else or just reboot...

my comp. :

Win 10 pro x64 

Lenovo X1 

Rok

Confirmed, latest update, not working here either. Two weeks now...

• Hi to all including admin,

is there any progress regarding disscussed issue, please ? Is anybody from BD able to answer our questions and inform us shortly about current status ?

Thx

• On 3/9/2017 at 4:45 PM, THX1138 said:

I repaired my Bitdefender and it seemingly fixed the empty adapter list: https://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-to-repair-bitdefender-2017-1737.html

I ran it and it wiped all the settings and Firewall won't turn on at all.

• Also still having this issue, latest update definitely hasn't fixed it.

• OMFG!!! Is it really that hard to get some REAL answers from RESPONSIBLE person on BD side?

We all have PAID for Your product and we want clear answers and resolution FINALLY!

It is 2 weeks now when I do not have access to network devices at my home, I have lost MANY HOURS trying to understand what is causing this issue and how to solve it.

And BD support seems to don't give a f***k....

It might have been a mistake that I have dropped Norton for BD :(

This discussion has been closed.