Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firewall Settings and permissions

Options
fiddler2007
edited April 2017 in Protection

I have the 30 days trial BF 2017 running ... I like it, BUT for the firewall ....

So 3 questions regarding the firewall:

1) Is there a quick way of just blocking all in and out traffic .... a thing i very much appreciate in free firewalls

2) Saving a modded rules.xml on location (Bitdefender 2017 firewall folder) seems impossible due permissions. Take ownership and setting permissions via security does not accept changes, even logged as administrator.

3) is there a way i could REPLACE the bitdefender firewall totally with another Firewall?

Comments

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

1. You can set your Adapter type to Untrusted this will trigger a very restrictive filtering of all incoming and outgoing traffic. Alternatively you can enable Paranoid Mode from Settings and choose what to allow and what to block.

2. Tampering with the product's files is not advisable.

3. You can disable the Firewall function Bitdefender > Protection > Firewall. However we do not recommend having more than one security solution on the same machine as they may conflict and cause more harm than good.

For more details please see the the product's user guide. HERE.

• Thanks ....

on 1) what i really would like to see is a simple on-off switch quickly addressable via the windows taskbar etc blocking all traffic instantly, Comodo and Zonealarm have this feature ...

on 2)  What i want is make a backup AND possibility to reload the Firewall "rules" file, which took quite a bit if time to setup. With Comodo and especially Zonealarm free firewalls that is quite simple to accomplish, and due these permissions it seems impossible with bitdefender. Maybe in safe mode?.

on 3)  Understand that, but can you take the Firewall completely out, and replace it with f.i Zonealams firewall?

i'll have a look at the manual, but for now it seems that BF although it seems quite well working is nor really my thing. I would like to see more time to get familiar with it than the 30 days, before paying for a year's subscription ....  F

• Fenderman1
    edited April 2017
    Options

Hi,fiddler2007. Answer to # 3 is no!

Trust me when I say you don't need to fiddle with settings. Leave it on Autopilot, and read this review.

http://www.digitalcitizen.life/security-everyone-reviewing-bitdefender-total-security-2016

The review is actually for the 2017 product, despite the link title !

I've used them all, and BD is the best for optimal protection.

• mdgboxx
    mdgboxx ✭✭✭
    Options

21 hours ago, Fenderman1 said:

Hi,fiddler2007. Answer to # 3 is no!

Trust me when I say you don't need to fiddle with settings. Leave it on Autopilot, and read this review.

http://www.digitalcitizen.life/security-everyone-reviewing-bitdefender-total-security-2016

The review is actually for the 2017 product, despite the link title !

I've used them all, and BD is the best for optimal protection.

I was unsure if I was renewing later this year. (November) Thank you for sharing.