Mac is unprotected after reboot

When I reboot our Mac, Bitdefender sometimes shows "No user registered" and "Your Mac is not protected".  I have to log in to Bitdefender Central, and then provide an administrator's name and password so that Bitdefender can make changes to my system. Has anyone else run into this problem? 

Going through this login procedure at every reboot would be just a nuisance, if not for another problem: Unless you open the application, Bitdefender gives very little indication that the system is unprotected. The only warning is an almost invisible "x" in the Bitdefender logo on the menu bar, in place of a check mark. I have a family subscription, and I know that other family members will not notice that their devices are unprotected.

I would like Bitdefender to maintain uninterrupted protection across reboots. (Presumably, it should be keeping login credentials in the keychain.) Sometimes this works as expected, but sometimes it doesn't, and I can't see any pattern to the failures. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Screen Shot 2017-11-02 at 7.57.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-02 at 7.58.20 PM copy.png

Tagged:

Comments

• Greetings!

Looks like your BD product ran into some unexpected error, so please follow the below steps to fix this issue:

1. Use the Uninstall tool to remove your current BD product completely from you computer, here is the download link: https://www.bitdefender.com/site/view/uninstall_consumer_trial.html

2. Then go to your Bitdefender Central and login in there and download from there freshly.

See if the problem persists and report here again.

regards

• Thanks, Hassan. I tried your suggestion, using the uninstallation instructions for Mac Antivirus here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/support/-1687.html

I rebooted once, and the Mac was still protected. So far, so good! But since the problem has been intermittent, I rebooted a second time just to be sure.  Things went downhill from there:

•  Bitdefender showed "Your subscription has expired".

•  I clicked "Add subscription" and entered my activation code.

• Bitdefender told me  "A subscription was already activated using this code". 

• I logged into Bitdefender Central, where I found my Mac was still listed as one of the subscribed devices, so I removed it.

• I went back to Bitdefender on the Mac to re-enter my activation code, and got the message: "Server error. Please retry."

• Repeated retries give the same result.

I feel like I've gone done the rabbit hole here. I'd like to add that I contacted Bitdefender support about this issue on November 2, almost two weeks ago, and have received no response.

Screen Shot 2017-11-15 at 10.55.57 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-15 at 10.56.42 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-15 at 11.04.07 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-15 at 11.09.24 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-15 at 11.13.12 AM.png

• Hello,

We have identified a new issue that causes the software to log out at start-up, and our development team is currently working on a fix.

In the meantime we recommend logging in whenever necessary so that the product is active.

A fix will be delivered via automatic updates. I will update the thread when it is available.

• 3 hours ago, Roxana G said:

Hello,

We have identified a new issue that causes the software to log out at start-up, and our development team is currently working on a fix.

In the meantime we recommend logging in whenever necessary so that the product is active.

A fix will be delivered via automatic updates. I will update the thread when it is available.

Well it be confirm it on Windows OS as well sometimes it asks you to login in your BD Central Account as your turn on your computer and at login windows pops up, it became less visible with the latest build but still didn't fully disappear/got fixed so maybe it will get fixed in the next updates.

• Hello,

Please contact our Technical Support regarding your issues on Windows OS at bitsy@bitdefender.com.

• 3 hours ago, Roxana G said:

Hello,

Please contact our Technical Support regarding your issues on Windows OS at bitsy@bitdefender.com.

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated of your suggestion. Well we can get to the final conclusion that there will be an update for MAC OS to fix that issue of the owner having.