Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

In depth analysis stops immediately

Options

I am using Bitdefender Virus Scanner Plus Version 3.10 (3.10.10629) on Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.1 (17B48), purchased on the App Store.

When I click on "in depth analysis" the scan stops immediately and announces that no malware has been detected. It does not scan a single file!

Only the personalized scan does something.

Comments

• Roxana G
    Options

Hello,

We recommend you to follow the steps below:

1. Quit the application if it's open (press Command-Q)

2. Go to Applications 

3. Drag Bitdefender Virus Scanner Plus to Trash 

4. Empty the Trash

5. Click on “Go” from the menu bar and then click on the Go to Folder

6. Type in the "Go to Folder" bar the following:

~/Library/Containers

7. Delete the folder "com.bitdefender.virusscannerplus"

8. Go to App Store and reinstall Bitdefender Virus Scanner Plus using the same Apple ID that you used when you installed it for the first time.

9. Open Bitdefender Virus Scanner Plus. 

10. Turn on Continous Scan

If you are asked to grant permissions, make sure you check "Increased protection" - this will allow it to scan the entire disk, but files can only be modified in Users folders then 

-click on "Grant access" - a window will appear.

Click on "Devices" select Macintosh HD (or whatever the name of your hard drive is).

-press "Allow access" to continue. 

If asked for password, please insert your administrator password;

an update will first be performed then the critical locations scan will begin.

11. Run a Deep System Scan and let us know how everything is

• pom
    Options

Thank you for your answer.

Before proceeding as you indicated, I did a personalized scan (found 4 files infected by Bitcoin miner), and performed some cleaning using other softwares (1 malware found under ~/Library/Application Support). Then I followed your indications (and also removed 2 other directories com.bitdefender... under ~/Library/Containers.

Now the deep scan works again.