Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender is scanning local snapshots

Options

After updating a MacBook Air to High Sierra, I noticed that BDLDaemon was running continuously, resulting in a significant CPU load. Using "lsof", I found that BDLDaemon was scanning files under:

/Volumes/com.apple.timemachine.localsnapshots

Bitdefender seems to be ignoring the preferences setting that instructs "Don't scan contents in backups". 

When I added the "localsnapshots" directory to the exclusions list in preferences, the continous scanning stopped. It looks to me like Bitdefender is still not up to speed on the behavior of Time Machine in High Sierra. If anyone else has insight into this situation, please share your thoughts here.

(BTW, it's not immediately obvious how to add the "localsnapshots" directory to the exclusions list, since it doesn't appear in the file picker. It's necessary to use "Go to folder" in a separate Finder window, then drag the snapshot directory to the exclusion list.)

Comments

• Roxana G
    Options

Hello Too Slim Sam,

We already have a topic on this matter:

/index.php?/topic/77503-fixing-bdldaemon-high-cpu-usage-in-high-sierra/&do=embed" style="overflow: hidden; height: 205px; max-width: 502px;">

Local Snapshots are scanned by Bitedefender as they are new and, depending on the number and size of files, it might require more resources then usual.