Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Malware warning keep coming ...

Options

I have 2 users accounts on my Mac, when I am connected with my user, I keep getting the following popup with a Malware detection on the other user. I have restarted at least 20 time and it keeps coming. I actually have 2 questions:

- How do I actually get rid of this

- How can I find from which website it came or it is coming if I don't get any alert ? Web Protection plugins for Firefox and Safari (the 2 Browsers that I use) are installed and give no warning.

Here is the full path of the first Virus Found message:

/Volumes/com.apple.TimeMachine.localsnapshots/Backups.backupdb/Whitehorse/2018-03-20-223124/OSX/Users/otheruser/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/WebKitCache/Version 11/Records/E22E16BBB13EA6126296B1EDF364B583551C6359/Resource

Thank you, J.B.

screenshot.jpeg

Comments

• Roxana G
    Options

Hello J.B,

In case of similar situations with infected files, please post on Malware thread.

The infected items are located on Local Snapshots and they do not represent a threat to your system.

Bitdefender won’t be able to remove the infection because the backup items are protected. 

In order not to receive these notifications, you need to exclude Local Snapshots from scanning by following the steps below:

-hold the Command+Shift buttons then press on the . (dot) button;

This will enable the option to view hidden files;

-hold the Command button and press Space;

This will open the Spotlight search window.

-type /Volumes and press Enter;

Leave the window open for now.

-click on the Bitdefender icon from the Menu bar;

-select Preferences and then select Exclusions;

-from the Volumes window, drag and drop the file below over to the Bitdefender Exclusions window:

com.apple.TimeMachine.localsnapshots 

-you should be able to see a new entry in the Exclusions list;

-hold the Command+Shift buttons and press on the . (dot) button once more to disable the option to view hidden files;

Reboot the computer and check if the issue still persists.

Should the issue persists, please contact us at bitsy@bitdefender.com

• J.B.
    Options

Thank you. Works like a charm, also thank you for the cmd+shift+. trick