Bitdefender installs SSL certificate (FireFox, Win 10) that has issues

I have recently had error messages accessing portions of https://myaccount.sdge.com (my electric utility). I get an error that cookies are not properly enabled. I also have a virtual installation of Win 10 on the same PC where the error does not occur, although the OS, browser, and security settings are the same. This error is seen my many users on mobile devices, but I have never had a problem accessing it on my main PC before.

On the main PC (with the errors), Firefox shows that the site is verified by Bitdefender (SSL Cerificate common name Bitdefender Personal CA.Net-Defender).

On the virtual installation, that works properly, the site is verified by Digicert (CN DigiCert Global CA G2). I can't find any other differences.

Windows 10 x64 versions (up to date), Firefox versions (61.0.1), Firefox security and privacy settings, and Bitdefender Total Security 2018 settings are identical. Firefox cookies are enabled. Disabling additional security features does not help. Deleting existing cookies and cache do not help.

I have exported the Digicert certificate in my virtual Windows installation, and installed it in the other one, but I do not know how to get Firefox to use the Digicert certificate instead of the Bitdefender one. Over my head.

Help??

Thanks!

cookies error.jpg

bit.jpg

Comments

• OK, sorry, it WAS a Firefox issue with Third Party Cookies. Still curious as to why there is a Bitdefender SSL certificate on one system and a Digicert on the other...