Firefox disables Wallet

Firefox v62.0 64bit has suddenly disabled BitDefender wallet.

Windows 10 v1803 OS Build 17134.228

BitDef.jpg

Comments

• Same problem. out of the blue. no warning and no choice. Really poor management by firefox. Bitdefender you need to get wallet signed by Firefox.

• Same here ??????????

• I also have the same issue. It's quite annoying.

The first post about this was on on September 6th, and I am writing this on the evening on September 14th. Still no response from Bit Defender here. (Crickets chirping.) Hello? Anybody home?

Are they going to force us to upgrade to 2019?  I still have over a year left on 2018. I also wonder if 2019 got Wallet to finally work in Edge, although I much prefer Firefox and Chrome.

Fortunately, Wallet still works in Chrome.

• Just adding to the list.  I've been waiting (and expecting) a fix for this for more than a week - Do Bitdfender even monitor these forums? 

• Hello,

Due to the latest Mozilla Firefox update, the older Bitdefender wallet extensions are no longer compatible. We're sorry for this inconvenience.

In order to solve the issue, and use all of Bitdefender's features as intended, we recommend upgrading to Bitdefender 2019, as follows:

Note: You can alternatively simply wait for the automatic upgrade to the 2019 iteration which should go live soon.

1. Export your Bitdefender Wallet, by following the steps in the article below:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/2108/

This is a precautionary step, as the wallet should not be removed by following the rest of the steps below. 

2. Upgrade to Bitdefender 2019, by downloading and running a new installation kit, from your Central Account at https://central.bitdefender.com/devices

3. Follow the on-screen instructions in order to install the software

NOTE: During the upgrade process, the Bitdefender settings will be reset to default (settings such as Firewall rules or Antivirus exceptions). We recommend taking notes of these settings if you wish to apply them again in the 2019 version. 

4. If you notice that the Wallet is no longer present, you can import it by accessing the Privacy menu -> Create new Wallet -> Import an existing database.

Thank you!