Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Portable version? Trouble installing..

Options

Tried to install bitdefender on my friends MacBook Pro, running Mavericks and the installation bar seems to get stuck where it's just a scrolling grey and white bar with no percentage showing. The bar keeps scrolling to the right, but there are no numbers or indication that it is doing anything other than an animation.

Can I install bitdefender on to my iMac at home, then send her a copy through the mail on a USB stick, or through email?

What other antivirus for Mac do you recommend that can be installed in a self-contained folder? Can I just do this with any MacIntosh app; do they even install system files like Windows does?

I'm not looking to send her a pirated copy, it's just the free trial so it would expire in 30 days all the same. If I could send her my installation copy or install, register, then send it & my license that would be fine too as I use Windows 7 and only the iMac for helping her diagnose her MacBook & teaching her to use software.

That way I can futz with it as I'm more used to computers and she isn't. We need method of scanning her computer with the least amount of computer knowledge possible. Videos aren't loading in her copy of Safari, and Firefox keeps opening multiple tabs, one of which locked up the browser just recently with a phishing apple support number.

× for various reasons she is not able to upgrade from Mavericks so whatever we get, that's the OS she has to work with ×

Comments

• Roxana G
    Options

Hello,

Each Bitdefender installation it is made trough your Central account. You may select the option to install Bitdefender on another device and a link with the installer will be send. However, the reasons for which Bitdefender does not install on the MacBook Pro can be multiple. For us to better investigate this, we need a BdProfiler log which we recommend you to it at bitsy@bitdefender@com.

You may generate the log as it follows:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1863/