BD Uninstall Fails and it is killing my MAC

I am trying to uninstall Bit Defender and reinstall.  The Uninstall Program Fails.  I downloaded the new version.  Part of the install is an uninstall of the old version.  It also fails.  How do I uninstall BitDefender?  I am using an IMAC with Mojave installed.  I'm trying to get rid of this because BDLDaemon is killing my computer.  My compute has slowed to nothing and my 16 GB of memory is always running out.  The program is more like malware.  I can't even figure out where the program is installed.  Help!

Comments

• Well, as luck would have it I solved my own problem by finding an article here:  https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/10131/.  This is a manual uninstall of bitdefender antivirus and it does work, although it is kind of a pain and must be followed very carefully.  One of the "solved" answers to fixing BDLDaemon is to uninstall it and reinstall the latest version. I did that and it had no effect.  BitDefender with BitDefender Shield disabled still  uses 608 MB of memory just sitting there.  The amount of memory used does not seem to change whether or not this setting is enabled or not enabled.

• On 11/11/2018 at 6:26 AM, flyer234 said:

Well, as luck would have it I solved my own problem by finding an article here:  https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/10131/.  This is a manual uninstall of bitdefender antivirus and it does work, although it is kind of a pain and must be followed very carefully.  One of the "solved" answers to fixing BDLDaemon is to uninstall it and reinstall the latest version. I did that and it had no effect.  BitDefender with BitDefender Shield disabled still  uses 608 MB of memory just sitting there.  The amount of memory used does not seem to change whether or not this setting is enabled or not enabled.

Hello,

We are sorry to hear about this. Indeed when Bitdefender has an old version of Bitdefender Agent the normal uninstaller fails and Bitdefender needs to be removed in Recovery.

As for the issue with BDLDaemon which is using memory, we had a bug which was fixed. An update and a reboot is required in order to use the version with the fix.

However, the usage of 608 Mb of memory is normal. Usually BDLDaemon writes on the Disk when Bitdefender is scanning archives or dmg files which are unpacked on a temporary folder.