Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can't Map Network Drive at Corporate Network

Options

I connect to a corporate network via their VPN.

To access files there I need to map a network drive to find the correct folder | files.

I cannot do this unless I disable the BD firewall.

Any way to achieve this without having to go into BD and turn off it's firewall each time??

(I have contacted support without much help...)

Comments

• Sergiu C.
    Options

Hi, 

You could try to set the VPN adapter as being "trusted", since your company is very likely to have its own security measures implemented server side, so a firewall filtering the vpn connection wouldn't really be needed. This would be done like so:

-  open Bitdefender 

- under Firewall click on Settings, then select the Settings tab from inside the Firewall

- you will see an entry for default application behavior, click on Edit next to it. 

- select the VPN network adapter and choose Allow. You should only do this for the VPN adapter. 

• The Default application behavior window that opens has 2 choices, one for Ethernet 2 and one for Wi-Fi and both apparently are set as Automatic (see attached). Which one is to be changed to Allow?

Capture.JPG

• Sergiu C.
    Options

Hi, 

It's possible that the VPN adapter is called Ethernet 2.

Is the computer connected to the internet through Wi-Fi right now?

• Yes, through Wi-Fi.

• Sergiu C.
    Options

On 12/6/2018 at 7:19 PM, dwestenk said:

Yes, through Wi-Fi.

Hi, 

That would then leave the Ethernet 2 adapter as being the VPN adapter.

• Sergiu,

That seems to have worked...

Thanks,

Dave