Constant CPU utilization from bdservicehost

TempleKa
TempleKa
edited August 2019 in General

Before this I do mention this has happened on 2019 lineup as well. That's the reason I upgraded to 2020 hoping it will be fixed. It isn't fixed. I don't know if it's a correlation and I'm not 100% sure if this happened after I changed my PC (new Ryzen CPU). Used to have an Intel CPU before and I didn't notice this CPU usage. I would have noticed probably since it would have been higher since lower core count. 

Currently CPU usage is a constant 8-10% on an 8 core CPU. It is spread across cores, so not only 1 core gets hit by the process. Still it's almost 1 core at 100% if you dumb it down. I doubt it's normal to be like that all the time.

So does BD have any issue with Ryzen or is it a BD update or windows update that messed this up lately?

Edit: Apparently it's directly connected to the second service you see just bellow, Nvidia Container, specifically Nvidia NetworkService Container. Once I disabled that service BD chilled down as well. So I guess good job nvidia!

Still might be an issue to look at. No ideea what that Nvidia service does but it freaks BD out as well it seems.

CPU usage.jpg

Comments

• Hi TempleKa,

No processor based incompatibility as far as we know.

Nvidia Container as a process holds ownership over most other tasks and services related to them so as long as it's using CPU/Reading/Writing data its not exactly sitting idle.

Are you by chance running something that would keep said process busy when the device is considered idle? Eg: Game clients, Wallpaper engine ( or similar products ) etc?