Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Total Security 2020 Blocks internet access randomly throughtout the day

Options
jktorres28
edited September 2019 in General

Been having issues with Bitdefender blocking internet access in my network at random times during the day, every day, varies from a few seconds to a few minutes, have to even reboot my modem sometimes to get internet back on. This only happens with Bitdefender installed, I have uninstalled and reinstalled it a few times and every time it does the same thing. Once I uninstall Bitdefender and use either Windows Defender or Kaspersky Total Security everything is back to normal and I do not randomly get internet drops throughout the day  as I do having Bitdefender installed. I do not have a router, I connect directly to my modem, and using Windows 10 Home 64 bit. I'm not sure but guessing many other people may be running in to the same problem. If I have to choose between having Bitdefender and having a reliable internet connection, well I will choose having a reliable internet connection any day. I'm just letting you know of the problem, I will not be doing any troubleshooting, or reinstalling Bitdefender at all. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled it many times, even using the uninstall tool, same problem every time.

Comments

• Roxana G
    Options

18 hours ago, jktorres28 said:

Been having issues with Bitdefender blocking internet access in my network at random times during the day, every day, varies from a few seconds to a few minutes, have to even reboot my modem sometimes to get internet back on. This only happens with Bitdefender installed, I have uninstalled and reinstalled it a few times and every time it does the same thing. Once I uninstall Bitdefender and use either Windows Defender or Kaspersky Total Security everything is back to normal and I do not randomly get internet drops throughout the day  as I do having Bitdefender installed. I do not have a router, I connect directly to my modem, and using Windows 10 Home 64 bit. I'm not sure but guessing many other people may be running in to the same problem. If I have to choose between having Bitdefender and having a reliable internet connection, well I will choose having a reliable internet connection any day. I'm just letting you know of the problem, I will not be doing any troubleshooting, or reinstalling Bitdefender at all. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled it many times, even using the uninstall tool, same problem every time.

Hello,

Please disable the Bitdefender modules and check if the Internet connection works properly while one of the Bitdefender modules is disabled: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/28557/

Let us know which module was causing the issue.

• Same issue here. It's the Firewall. The Firewall rules get randomly toggled to block Google and Firefox.

• Same problem here on a Lenovo Ultrabook. No problems on my Dell PC. I've tried many of the fixes described on the Bitdefender site regarding the firewall but none of them work. Only turning off the firewall works. Very frustrating!

• Hey , got the same issue on my Lenovo ThinkPad and i have read many threads to fix but no help still waiting and i had mail to the official site but haven't get replay yet.