Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How do I stop Bitdefender macOS from trying to install Chrome extensions?

Options

Bitdefender periodically tries to install its anti-tracking extension in each of my Chrome profiles. Unlike Windows, there isn't an option in the Mac preferences to disable this unwanted add on.

Is there a trick for killing it and making it stay dead? I've begun selecting the option to report it to Google each time I uninstall, but that hasn't made a difference either.

Comments

• Roxana G
    Options

On 9/27/2019 at 7:26 PM, mcgroarty said:

Bitdefender periodically tries to install its anti-tracking extension in each of my Chrome profiles. Unlike Windows, there isn't an option in the Mac preferences to disable this unwanted add on.

Is there a trick for killing it and making it stay dead? I've begun selecting the option to report it to Google each time I uninstall, but that hasn't made a difference either.

Hi,

Once removed the Anti-tracker, it should remain removed. Please let us know when the exact behavior, when the extensions appears again in Chrome. Also let us know the MacOS version and Chrome version you have installed.