Poor Customer Service

It is inexcusable to tell a customer in so many words, "Sorry about your luck, don't contact us" but this is the answer after a bug causing their computer to crash repeatedly.  The software worked fine for five (5) months before the bug.  The support team took over a month of replies that they were "working on it", only then to tell the customer there is no ETA and if they eventually do have a fix, "We will contact you by AUTOMATIC UPDATE of the product." This is by one of their senior technical support engineers.  So in five?! months or years from now, they will credit my subscription for that time period it took to fix it.  This is complete hogwash, and I will never purchase another BD product, and will certainly not be recommending it to family, friends, and colleagues.  My request for a full refund of my original purchase price went without comment.  Please escalate this Bitdefender's Sales Team for immediate consideration of a full refund.

Invoice Date: 2019-03-25 09:12:31

Order ID: 92936364

Bitdefender Internet Security 2019 up to 3 devices , 1 year Subscription  79.99 USD

Discount - 55.00 USD

VAT charged at 0.00 USD

TOTAL 24.99 USD

Bitdefender Integrated Support Ticket: 2019083002570001

I originally purchased this product back in March of this year which my PC running Win10 ran the product without issue for approximately five (5) months.  The end of August the most recent update to BD2020 caused my system to crash.  This crash was repeatable and my own crash dump analysis pointed to me that this was more likely than not being caused by their software.  Since removing BD2020 my system has been stable and reliable.  

System Info

Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, version 1903, build: 18362

Windows dir: C:\WINDOWS

Hardware: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., PRIME X299-A

CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-7920X CPU @ 2.90GHz Intel8664, level: 6

24 logical processors, active mask: 16777215

RAM: 68374626304 bytes (63.7GB)

oBjYzLy.jpg

Tagged:

Comments

• 16 hours ago, mlesnews said:

It is inexcusable to tell a customer in so many words, "Sorry about your luck, don't contact us" but this is the answer after a bug causing their computer to crash repeatedly.  The software worked fine for five (5) months before the bug.  The support team took over a month of replies that they were "working on it", only then to tell the customer there is no ETA and if they eventually do have a fix, "We will contact you by AUTOMATIC UPDATE of the product." This is by one of their senior technical support engineers.  So in five?! months or years from now, they will credit my subscription for that time period it took to fix it.  This is complete hogwash, and I will never purchase another BD product, and will certainly not be recommending it to family, friends, and colleagues.  My request for a full refund of my original purchase price went without comment.  Please escalate this Bitdefender's Sales Team for immediate consideration of a full refund.

Invoice Date: 2019-03-25 09:12:31

Order ID: 92936364

Bitdefender Internet Security 2019 up to 3 devices , 1 year Subscription  79.99 USD

Discount - 55.00 USD

VAT charged at 0.00 USD

TOTAL 24.99 USD

Bitdefender Integrated Support Ticket: 2019083002570001

I originally purchased this product back in March of this year which my PC running Win10 ran the product without issue for approximately five (5) months.  The end of August the most recent update to BD2020 caused my system to crash.  This crash was repeatable and my own crash dump analysis pointed to me that this was more likely than not being caused by their software.  Since removing BD2020 my system has been stable and reliable.  

System Info

Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, version 1903, build: 18362

Windows dir: C:\WINDOWS

Hardware: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., PRIME X299-A

CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-7920X CPU @ 2.90GHz Intel8664, level: 6

24 logical processors, active mask: 16777215

RAM: 68374626304 bytes (63.7GB)

oBjYzLy.jpg

Hello,

I understand that it is unpleasant to have a BSOD while Bitdefender is installed. However, as my colleague mentioned on the ticket the situation is under evaluation by our development team and it may require some time until they complete the investigation and find a solution. However, if you still want to go with a refund, I recommend you to ask for a refund via your open ticket, as the Forum is intended only for technical issues.

This discussion has been closed.