Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender firewall blocks access to speakers

Options

Hi,

I have problem with speakers. Everything was okay, until I've installed Bitdefender Internet Security 2020. Speakers didn't work, I have reinstalled drivers, but after reboot, the problem remained. Then I've opted-out 'Web access' and 'Microphone Monitor' in Privacy bookmark. After reboot, problem is still there. Then set bitdefender not to start with Windows in msconfig and speakers started to work, so I tried to deal with bitdefender firewall (turned it off), and after reboot, speakers are working (finally found the main issue). I guess it isn't the most safe thing to do (turning firewall off), so I want to ask, whether there is an option, to have firewall turned on and not having problems with speakers. Where should I add exeptions for firewall?

Thanks in advance for your help.

dark_Xenio

Comments

• Hello /index.php?/profile/217793-dark_xenio/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="217793" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/217793-dark_xenio/" rel="">@dark_Xenio,

To further investigate, please provide us the brand and mane of the speakers and a Support Tool log with the option "Reproduce this issue" is enabled:

Also, kindly make sure that the proprietary software for the speaker is properly installed.

-Open Windows Explorer

-Navigate to C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Security

-Run as administrator supporttool.exe

-Select the issue category and add a description

-Now press on Try to reproduce the issue and reproduce the behavior

- Restart your PC

-Click on Finish and generate the Support tool log

Note: the log will be created on the Desktop of the Administrator of the computer.

Please send the log at bitsy@bitdefender.com. Considering that the log is private is not recommended to post it on the Forum.