unable to connect with download.bitdefender.com

My mother got a weird issue. When she started her PC earlier today she eventually received Bitdefender messages that it was unable to update its database. This is Bitdefender Total Security. When I looked into her system I found I was able to connect with anything but download.bitdefender.com. I updated the DNS setting manually to some public DNS servers in Germany and I can resolve the IP address. However, I can't ping it from her PC while I can it from mine (not at my mother's home, though). Now I had my mum try to get on download.bitdefender from her cell phone, also connected to her home network which failed, too. To verify I had her turn WiFi off and now it works. Turning wifi on, same effect - no connection possible.

Ok, this poves the problem is not with her PC which I was afraid may have caught some malware.

However, her access point is one she got from her provider. The problem is not with her provider as I use the same one, but must be with her access point. This is Vodafone in Germany with an Arcor EasyBox A300. There are no firewall rules defined to it and I had her turn NAT off/on to get its cache flushed. No effect. Any thoughts?

Comments