Antivirus Free Edition Not Working - Can't Uninstall

I noticed over the weekend that I had a message from Windows saying that my computer was unprotected. I opened Bitdefender and tried to start a scan but got a message saying that it failed to activate protection. I decided to try uninstalling and reinstalling it but I've now ended up in a state where it seems to be partially installed but not really. I can't get it to work and I can't get it to fully uninstall. I tried running one of Bitdefender's uninstallers but that didn't help. When I try reinstalling it, it tells me that it's already installed. I can't get it to actually work, though.

Right now, if I try to launch Bitdefender, I get a message saying "Services not responding" and a button to "Restart your PC." I've done that several times but it hasn't helped.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.