Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

High CPU Usage While Computer Locked

MatthewSkype
edited October 2020 in General

When I lock my Windows 10 computer, as soon as the screen turns off, the fan gets very loud due to high CPU usage. However, as soon as I unlock the computer, the CPU drops and the fan soon shuts off. When I check Task Manager immediately upon unlocking, usually the System process has the most usage (sub-10%), but I do not see any process with high CPU usage. Whatever is causing this seems to hide itself as soon as I unlock the computer. This happens even while the computer is in airplane mode. My Windows operating system has no pending updates.

I have scanned it with Bitdefender Total Security, Malwarebytes, and Spybot. None of these have resolved this problem. I heard that some malware can mine for cryptocurrency while the computer is idle. I would like to get to the root of this problem. What else should I do to troubleshoot this?

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Hi Member,

Well the issue which you are stating may be in relation with coinminer malware, but since you have already scanned the system with bitdefender & malwarebytes and no detection has occurred, hence we can drop the case in relation with coinminer malware.

I excluded spybot in my reply since the free version of spybot is only an adware/ spyware scanner which uses its own engine, but the paid version of spybot makes use of its own adware/ spyware engine with additional malware engine of bitdefender integrated in their product.

Kindly drop an email to bitdefender support at bitsy@bitdefender.com regarding your query. Your issue can be resolved by support only. But make sure you are using a paid version of bitdefender product and not the free version, since support mainly deals issue with paid version of the product and free version users are redirected to bitdefender forum/ community.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019 /2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)