Exclusions and Exceptions Ignored

Team,

We have an issue, and it's a simple issue that should not exist. I have a directory, and I know this directory. I know what's inside this directory, and I plan to use this directory as a sandbox. I know that there are going to be some items in this directory that will be flagged by BitDefender, so I add it to every possible exclusion list I can think of. After doing so, I start running programs within this directory.

Please tell me as to why every file in the directory is still being flagged, and moreover that when I want to move these flagged and quarantined items back into the directory, BitDefender doesn't have the permissions to do so.

So I can either take several hundred small plugin files and manually move them into 7 subdirectories, or we could actually have an exclusion list that - wait for it - excludes contents from actions.

Am I asking for too much? I'm glad that your product is so stringent that I can't get work done, but if I wanted that I'd go back to McAfee and continue working on Government systems.

Give me some aspect of control, because the user controls in there are gimmicks at best.

Tagged:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.