2»

Comments

• Liobet
    Liobet ✭✭✭
    edited November 2023

Hi sluggosgarage,

Welcome in the forum !

You could have help there:

A small tip for what it's worth, I am often unable to trade something on a professionnal site, not because of the antimalware software but because of the browser's anti-adware/tracker/adblock gimmick. I often have to deactivate it to have full access. A small tip indeed, but you could quickly check if the issue is there.

Then, if your Bitdefender software protection goes off nightly, you had better deinstall and reinstall it first.

Cheers,

L.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor3.40 GHz 32,0 Go [ Bitdefender Internet Security + VPN]

• Hello @sluggosgarage,

If you are referring to comed.com, I can access it without any issues whatsoever, with Bitdefender installed. Security related notifications are displayed regardless of the antivirus version, if this is what you are experiencing. In the event you cannot access a particular website and adding it to the exceptions list doesn't make any difference, try to switch off the security modules one by one to find out which one is blocking the website. You can find a step-by-step guide here:

This article may also help, but it's important to know exactly what the notification says:

So, before uninstalling Bitdefender, there are a few things you can try first. Surely, a solution can be found, you just need to know where to look.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭

@sluggosgarage ,

I have to respectfully disagree with the last sentence in your post. Bitdefender is a world-class device security solution.

It might help if, instead of ranting, you sought assistance for your issue. We have no real idea of the exact nature of your login issue because you did not provide them. I am totally confused by the quote in your post that says:

Wrong, wrong, wrong, at least on the free version. I have the complete works paid version.

Which product DO you have?

This Forum is a wealth of knowledge and expertise where users, just like you, provide knowledgeable assistance. Bitdefender staff are also available here to assist and do so on a regular basis.

In any event, it is your computer, so you decide what software to use. Sorry, you are not satisfied.

Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited December 2023

Agree, that is something to consider, and also the browser used and its Privacy and Security settings.

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• I'm finding quite often that Bitdefender is blocking sites that our customers use, unwilling (or unable) to override the block, I will check the URL on Virustotal and find that Bitdefender is the only Security Vendor blocking the site, as in the example below.

I submit the site to Bitdefender for re-evaluation, but then hear nothing further.

Am I doing it wrong?

• peewee
    peewee Ba, Bsc(Hons), CITP, MBCS
    edited February 25

I have the same problem. have temporarily resolved by turning off Chrome extension. This is a Paid for piece of software We should not have to resolve the issue Bitdefender should find the resolution and FIX the problem

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

If the link is not removed within a maximum of 72 hours, it is usually considered malicious/phishing by Bitdefender malware researchers, and the detection will remain and not be removed.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Kymbo111959
    edited March 28

I keep having to re-log into sites like Misrosoft for the Office suite.

No one else in the company has this problem....No one else in the company uses Bitdefender!

Getti really tired of it!...3+ times a week on startujp and trying to use part of the office suite.

• Hello @Kymbo111959,

Bitdefender doesn't directly prevent or request login into the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.). Any login prompts within Office applications are usually related to accessing additional features or services rather than antivirus-related actions. How did you come to the conclusion that the antivirus is the culprit here?

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user