Lambada Background service notification

Hi, what ist "Lambada Background service notification" in Bitdefender Mobile Security Android? Is it new?

Comments

• Yeah, it appeared to me some days ago. Now I have two floating notifications, one with the logo and other with a simple plain square. I opened Bitdefender notifications and I saw the Lambada Background Service.

The plain square and the strange name, and the fact that it appeared at some point -it was not there when I installed it, there was no Lambada service at all- made me suspect of a virus inside Bitdefender... So I used Xiaomi Security (AVL & Avast) Malwarebytes... Nothing. Then I uninstalled Bitdefender, installed it again and there was no Lambada. Some days ago it appeared again.

If it helps, sometimes I get a message of Web Protection turned off. It doesn't worry me too much, since I have the phone set up with a lot of protection systems and probably something is protecting it to and having a conflict with Bitdefender. But now the Lambada makes me think that it could be related.

I'm really worried. Any help, Bitdefender?

P

• Okay! So I've contacted support and it is normal. It is a service that was added in latest update. There is no help in the app about it, but they told me they will add more info in next releases. Phew!

P

• I also get this one. What is it?

• Got this today... not too sure what it is, hope CS will explain a bit more

• Mike_BD
    Mike_BD admin
    edited November 2021

Hi @Bennie84 , as our community member said, it is a service added in one of the updates, so you need not worry. It was an issue text-related which was adressed in the latest version. Kindly asking to update to the Bitdefender Mobile Security latest version.

cheers,

Mike

Intel Quad 6600 on LGA 775, running perfectly for 10 years a Windows 7 Ultimate